Digital music collection question...

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I have about 40Gb of music on itunes on my PC, some purchased fom itunes, much of it uploaded by me from CD's, I think its all in the itunes AAC format?

I also have about 10Gb of music from Google Play Store on my phone (HTC One M7), most of it has been downloaded to my phone.

How can I collect all this music into one place? ideally on my PC so I can listen to it in the house through the PC/speakers, and also so I can transfer some to my phone as and when the need arises.

And is there another music player/organiser I can use instead of itunes? As now I no longer use an ipod it seems a bit daft still having itunes on my pC??

Android apps don't seem to care if it's iTunes or windows so perhaps an android based netbook with wifi and bluetooth for all your streaming needs. My phone doesn't distinguish between the two either, again android.

There maybe some freebies out there that also allow for what you want in a windows os.

ITunes will snap up your windows media/ mp3 but it won't let you convert the buggers back without some 3rd party shenanigans.

I'll have a nose round after top gear.

I have virtual dj on my main pc. That doesn't seem to care what's what.

Type 'itunes windows media centre ' into Google and there's an option in wmc to play aac from iTunes.

Have a look at Google music manager as well, in the chrome webstore, it can import your itunes stuff into google play music too

Re:

Once you have your file formats sorted you could use a simple NAS network accessible storage device on one of your hub/router ports.
Copy files to that and share then access them from any networked device without needing the PC on.
I copy download rip any new files to the PC use windows media player to edit info and sort and then it copies them to the NAS in tidy folders.

This kinda thing.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... mp;alt=web

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back