Diamondback Apex 1992 / too big for me? Too pricey?

I'm 5'11" and I have a 20" Diamond Back Ascent EX from 1989. (actually 20.5" according to the catalogue)
Now for my height that is borderline too big, but I like a bigger frame. Some people would prefer an 18". I choose a 19" generally in Mountain bikes. If that frame is a 22" then I would definitely say it would be too big for me.

I include a picture of my DB set up as I ride it for reference. Not a great deal of seatpost showing.

Attachments

• IMG_0723w.jpg
    IMG_0723w.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 644
Re:

That looks like it may be 20" - here's a pic of my 20" '92 Axis:

I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam & it fits perfect. 20" seattube (center-to-top), 32" standover, 23.5" top tube, and a few inches of standover clearance. As for the price, it's pretty close to a steal, especially for the condition, full DX, etc. Here are a couple pics from the 1992 catalog for your reference:

Attachments

• DB.jpg
    DB.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 632
  • Apex.jpg
    Apex.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 632
  • Apexgeo.jpg
    Apexgeo.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 632
firedfromthecircus":bxjoh3j4 said:
I'm 5'11" and I have a 20" Diamond Back Ascent EX from 1989. (actually 20.5" according to the catalogue)
Now for my height that is borderline too big, but I like a bigger frame. Some people would prefer an 18". I choose a 19" generally in Mountain bikes. If that frame is a 22" then I would definitely say it would be too big for me.

I include a picture of my DB set up as I ride it for reference. Not a great deal of seatpost showing.

Hi fired!
:eek: that is a cool bike! I really like the smoked color,
Im accepting it will be too big for me, its really dissapointing, here in Mexico is very hard to get something good :(

Re: Re:

millsm":3uv7dl21 said:
That looks like it may be 20" - here's a pic of my 20" '92 Axis:

I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam & it fits perfect. 20" seattube (center-to-top), 32" standover, 23.5" top tube, and a few inches of standover clearance. As for the price, it's pretty close to a steal, especially for the condition, full DX, etc. Here are a couple pics from the 1992 catalog for your reference:

Hey mill! I really appreciate the pics! Thanks!
You have a beautiful bike, i know the "Axis" is top of the line in DB, I would love to own one.
I happen to know someone selling the 1996 Axis, the one made for the US market, made out of ritchey tange prestige , do you have the 1996 DBR catálog?
The problem i have with the bike is that it has been fully stripped and left out with shitty parts,
He is asking more than £100 as it is, I dont know if the frame would be worth it
It now has 700 tires, no suspensión, etc.
How much would the frame be worth?

Attachments

• IMG_20160323_202553.jpg
    IMG_20160323_202553.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 605

Latest posts

Back