diamond back klunker COMPLETED, PAGE 5

legrandefromage":3omt2y9d said:
if you spray in today's weather with warmed up frame and paint, the paint oxidizes to leave a matt finish.

good idea. stuck at work but might try tomorrow if i get chance

lewis1641":2j8ij0ou said:
i'll sort a shim

i could go cream/green on the frame with the brown inderneath.

leave it good for a while then weather it if i fancy it. could get expensive finding matt paint or do i do it gloss then matt lacquer??

Cream/green with worn/weathered brown bits would be ace :cool:

If you paint it gloss then Scotchbrite it the Scotchbrite will knock the shine off the paint anyway ;)

sorry but:

nikkimonarkshdw_164_649.jpg

You wont find a bmx quill ( gooseneck ) stem in anything other than inch ( certainly nothing of any quality ) . After goosenecks there was a brief time of inch clamp on stems before they all went 1" 1/8 ahead .

I thought moto bars were 22.2 and were straight tubing from the lever clamp end to the other ?

perry":zye9i0ig said:
I thought moto bars were 22.2 and were straight tubing from the lever clamp end to the other ?

They are and so are BMX stems.

Think there are a few old BMX quills at my dad's, if I can find them you can have them for postage.

perry":3metziii said:
You wont find a bmx quill ( gooseneck ) stem in anything other than inch ( certainly nothing of any quality ) . After goosenecks there was a brief time of inch clamp on stems before they all went 1" 1/8 ahead .

deadrats has sorted me for a stem.

moto bars are the narrower but i can shim it out ( :? )

Back