Wanted DESPERATELY NEED HELP WITH BROKEN DEEMAX

So, I am in quite a pickle, a while back I bought an old Cannondale gemini 1000 to get into downhill, now this bike had a set of first gen mavic deemaxes on it, however I didn’t really know what i was getting into and now Ive been stuck with a broken rear axle…
Anybody have a first gen deemax rear axle or hub for sale even? I’m really desperate and just wanna be able to ride again… even a different hub that could be suitable to replace would be great

Mavic part number for the axle is m40175
My dropout spacing(width between dropouts is 6 inches from the outside to the outside
And roughly 5-3/8 from the inside to inside
Sorry if this is a little confusing but I’m not really sure what to put

Wheels are 36 h if a separate hub is in the picture
I believe the hub is 135 mm?
As you can tell I’m not very knowledgeable on this stuff… image.jpg image.jpg B547BEC7-178C-4EC2-9B10-215F223410E3.jpeg image.jpg

Last edited:
could stick another hub on it, Hope or Saint would be good

could stick another hub on it, Hope or Saint would be good
Sorry to be asking silly questions
But would the ten mm hope pro 4 bolt on axle work in my standard ten mm dropouts or would I have to get adapters to make the 9 mm quick release ten?
(Sorry if that’s confusing)

I've got some old crossmax hubs. No idea if any parts are transferrable but if you can add some pics of what you need, I can see if my hubs have anything of use.

T
I've got some old crossmax hubs. No idea if any parts are transferrable but if you can add some pics of what you need, I can see if my hubs have anything of use.
Thanks man but mavic seems to have all model unique parts which is why this has been such a problem :/

A rear hub for sale here. Not sure if irs the one you require without pics though.

Back