• claret73's 1994 Rock Lobster Expert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • toons' Pace RC100

• Crantinope's Pace RC200

• Total voters
Popularity contest, not.

Its not about the rarity is it? Its all about the build and the story behind it surely.

Well that’s what I believe and that’s why my vote has been strategically placed.....

The Kona still has a healthy lead but the Pace is coming up quickly. Did it go out from the gun too fast?

big.eck":2pabqjg1 said:
may i ask , whats your problem ? we get the fact you don't want the kona to be where it is but do you have to drag the arse right of it ? just vote for something else and stop spamming the thread up wi pish ;)

Please check the rules and remember this is meant to be a bit of fun.

Golden Era is well entitled to express his opinion in what would seem to me to be a fairly good natured manner. I don't think it's an especially controversial statement to say most would probably take the WTB Phoenix over the Kona Sex One despite superior colour coordination.

maverick":2pabqjg1 said:
Its not about the rarity is it? Its all about the build and the story behind it surely.

We set no criteria by which votes should be placed. If you want to vote based on rarity then go ahead and do so.

On the fact that it was a good angled photo and I like the simple clean look, I voted for Expertclaret73's 1994 Rock Lobster Expert. Looks like I'm in the minority, but I'm pleased it got at least one vote for the considerable effort and what seems like a really nice bike.

There's some nice bikes on there this month, a good mix. I found the rarity comments interesting, it's not personally something I ever consider. I like something a bit different to be on there, but can be mass produced or rare as hen's teeth. I just don't want to see the same frames every month because variety is the spice of life. :D

I'm not trying to piss in anyones porage with my Kona cracks...I'm just saying that it is a real hoot to see some of the stuff that gets the love across the pond. White and orange (hell, ALL colors!) tires? Spin and Spinergy wheels? Midlevel and below stuff from Kona and Marin and KHS and others. I think its great that these things get some play out of the retro crowd, and I love the blast down memory lane that these threads provide me.

I agree that 'rare' should not be a primary measure for success in a BOTM poll, but then again, 'common' should be more of a demerit than it seems to be. :D

There is only one bike (*cough cough* Pickle! *cough*) that shouldn't be on the poll, :p :D the rest are pretty swank machines with equally interesting stories...even the maligned Rock Lobster.

Now, about those white tires... :p :LOL: :LOL:

Oneshark's Grove is sweet as hell too! I'm surprised to see it also only has three votes.

Maybe some white tires?... :LOL:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :oops: ;)

utahdog2003":3t8mx1g8 said:
I agree that 'rare' should not be a primary measure for success in a BOTM poll, but then again, 'common' should be more of a demerit than it seems to be. :D

Now, about those white tires... :p :LOL: :LOL:

I vote for the bike I want most (Grove X in this case)

utahdog2003":by62c9ni said:
My finalists... the SAB, Kaiser's Fat and...my Phoenix! :shock:

I voted for myself... somebody had to do it! I mean really...only 3 votes for a Phoenix?!? I must have one ugly ass bike...or at least an ugly ass fireplace!

My short list was almost identical to Goldenera's. Your Phoenix was right up there along with kaiser's Wicked (and I'm not a fan of Chris), and trip's Koga. I just have a thing for Boulders (mhf's Intrepid got my vote).

Then again, I'm on this side of the agua, too.

And I've seen better fireplaces. :LOL:

Back