• retrobikeguy's 1991/1992 Browning Trials Unit

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • shamobius’ 1992 Off-Road Toad

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • Dami’s Replica of Nicolas Vouilloz 1996 GT thermoplastic LTS prototype

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Jimi911's 1987/1988 Yeti FRO

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • mcada`s 1987 Steve Potts Signature - WTB/Suntour team bike (replica)

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • albash82's '94 Kona Lava Dome

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to offer my garage for permanent storage of these bikes free of charge, I will take care of them and ride them, have film nights with them and play the occasional late 80s early 90s punk rock track to keep them rooted in their respective periods

All very nice and all display much admirable effort. Being shallow and lacking the knowledge for technical judgement I go by appearances. I think front sus on retro often destroys the "oneness" of the design/lines and prefer curved to straight forks .... so that cuts the choices!

That's an interesting and sound perspective.

Looking/admiring, I tend to gravitate towards a fully rigid too.

The more trails I ride, however, the more I wonder why I've only got two inches of travel up front.

All very nice and all display much admirable effort. Being shallow and lacking the knowledge for technical judgement I go by appearances. I think front sus on retro often destroys the "oneness" of the design/lines and prefer curved to straight forks .... so that cuts the choices!
I agree, I definitely lean towards rigid from an aesthetic point of view (the only exception is a Boulder full sus) as they’re much cleaner/neater.
Generally though I find a straight fork more pleasing to look at them curved (again there are exceptions)

I have to vote for Al's boulder

he put so much effort into it and was proud as punch when he brought it to the malverns.

and god..... those tyres, you had a clearer reflection of yourself in them than the highly polished frame

I voted the Boulder, although loved the Klein in terms of appearance, and the Browning. But the Boulder just nudged it for me, the bike I would most like to take to the trails.

Latest posts

Back