Decal replacement options ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Theoldfm":og2b09v6 said:
What would be good though is if you could post a few pictures showing the overall frame

Still need to order and apply some additional decals that are missing.

Head tube, down tube and Columbus decal are original.

21oa4nn.jpg

2lllxtl.jpg

Looking good, and that's damn fine chromovelato as it so often gets chipped and looks beaten up.

Shaun

Midlife":1xz4tb46 said:
Looking good, and that's damn fine chromovelato as it so often gets chipped and looks beaten up.

Shaun

Cheers, it really looks even better in the flesh as the photo loses the shine. I have no idea of the history of this bike but looking at the minimal cable ware under the BB I'd say it has hardly been ridden.

Very rare to find one in this condition.

If you look just below the lug at the top of the down tube on the top picture above you can see the only bit of flaked blue lacquer; there was also a bit missing at the centre of the P on the seat tube but that was touched in by the sign writer.

Wow, that looks absolutely bang on! Love the hand painted lettering - looks brilliant with the hand brush marks in it!

Re:

The frame and painted letters look awesome - so much better than a sprayed on mask or nasty vinyl lettering... IMHO

The headtube and seat tube sections on my Mercian were hand painted with radiator enamel to hide scratches and some surface rust / discolouring and you really can't tell unless you know!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 352
Back