De-Anodizing and Polishing and Refurbishment of Campag Parts

Re: De-Anodizing and Polishing and Refurbishment of Campag P

That's a great walk through! I've been loathe to de-anodize using chemicals, as I live in a small apartment without a real workshop. So, my solution is to simply sand off the anodized layer with 150 grit, and follow the same process from there (150, 600, steel wool, polish, wax). However, I've only done small bits so far... When it gets to doing crank arms etc. I might just give this a go!

Stunning work - I've got a pair of identical levers in need of similar attention.

It would be really useful (to me!) if you could explain how you removed the blades from their mounts ? I managed to get the pins to move a couple of mm in/out, but I didn't have the confidence to keep hitting the punch!

I've only had to use Oven Pride on one of the components on my build - the derailleur cage, but I was really impressed with the results - shame it didn't clean the oven as well.

It would be really useful (to me!) if you could explain how you removed the blades from their mounts ? I managed to get the pins to move a couple of mm in/out, but I didn't have the confidence to keep hitting the punch!

There is a small grub screw that has to be removed before you punch out the pin.

Montello":3i3oes03 said:

There is a small grub screw that has to be removed before you punch out the pin.

Here are some picture of the said part.

Attachments

• WP_000957.jpg
    WP_000957.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 968
  • Grub 2.jpg
    Grub 2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 968
  • Grub 1.jpg
    Grub 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 968

citrixccea":qlxpsly3 said:
Stunning work - I've got a pair of identical levers in need of similar attention.

I've only had to use Oven Pride on one of the components on my build - the derailleur cage, but I was really impressed with the results - shame it didn't clean the oven as well.

If you want to send them to me I'd be happy to restore them for you. I assume they are for the Dave Rayner Raleigh Bananna build. I wouldn't mind contributing to this. Send me a pm if you like....

Stephen

Cheers Kettlo,

You're right it's for my raleigh banana - The white rubber hoods I need were cheaper to buy stateside with brake levers in them ! The original ones aren't quite as bad as your 'before' pictures, but I was having a dilemma as to whether I should refurb them, or swap them for the newer levers.

I am impressed with your results, so I think I'll start by seeing if I can get the levers out first, they're not quite the same as the ones pictured, (they've got the hexbolt adjuster in the blade) but now I know there's a grub screw in there somewhere, I'll find it.

Thanks for your kind offer, I may well take you up on it, depending on how I get on!

Dont worry about the difference in the levers. I have rthe same as yours but they were mounted on my bike and I just used another set of Record ones for the pictures.

Yours will have the grub screw in the same position.

Stephen

Top work. I'd missed this thread until Campagnolo themselves pointed it out on their twitter feed :D

Can't believe that! Its on their Facebook page as well!

I asked them if they had any white hoods to go with them...you never know...

Latest posts

Back