DBR Axis TT Sizing??

Thank you for the response. The head tubes on the Diamondbacks do seem a little taller than the GT's of that era. Plus the slight rise in the Top Tube, seems like good geometry, still wondering, very interested in an Axis or Apex.

Sometimes I think, as much as I love, love, love my xizang, my old axis was perfect and would love to get a TT... ah.

The serial number will indicate the size eg. DBR18xxx then use the geo-charts.

Head-tube for a circa 1995 18" is 4.5", seat-tube center to top is 19" and they have a fairly
horizontal top-tube with approx 22.5" center to center. All measurements are confirmed actual,
as I'm fiddling with a Axis TT at this very moment for an experimental build.

So an 18" has a 22.5" effective top tube it seems. Its strange the magazine article quotes it as 23.5", you can see the information on the bottom right of the image. Both of the geometry charts that I have say 22.5" effective top tube length however. From ogling hundreds of photos of them, the geometry can easily put the bars nearly level with the saddle. 1" rise bar and a few spacers? Don't want it to be totally level with the saddle but it is good to know that is possible.

Yes, I saw that and it doesn't make sense. Bear in mind the Axis as a 74 degree seat-tube which gives the effect of shortening
the top-tube compared to the more typical 73 degree seat-tube. I had a real pain finding the right rigid forks, 410mm axle to
crown did the job, but I believe you could go to 420mm and run a shorter stem and it would still handle fine as the headtube
is slightly steeper at 71.5 degree.

My Axis' all are 19" C-T on seat tube (18 from book C-C), and I believe 23.5" C-C on top tube. I will have to measure in the morning though.

also just for info, I personally found my axis tr (I think the same geo as the TT), manitou 3 (2in), fine. 3 with LT kit (2.5in), fine, manitou efc (3in) perfect, rock shox judy (4in) terrible, RS judy (3in) perfect.
Don't know what that means in numbers, but thats how I found those fork travels.

I have the 1995 sales and tech guide designed for distributors and the sizes of the Axis TT & TT Pro are as follows:-

16" Frame Size = 21.7" top tube 18" = 22.5" & 20" = 23.5.

All have 16.7" chain stays, the 16" & 18" have 74 degree seat tubes & the 20" 73.5.

Head angles are all 71.5 degrees with the fork listed as a Manitou 4 with 2 1/4" travel on the Pro and
the Manitou Magnum with 2" travel on the TT!!!!!!!!!

And in a shameless plug have you seen that I have old Diamond Back & DBR catalogues on E-bay right
now along with some old ridgid forks from 91 / 92.

Back