DB Ascent Seatpost

Yes I'm positive there's nothing in the seat tube.

This is actually V12jats frame which started this thread :?

Might just order a cheapy post off Ebay and see if it fits.

weeman_mtb":12esfa01 said:
I've just been out to the garage with the vernier and mine (93) is definately 26.8.
Thing is, though, the Ascent in question is way earlier than 93 - might even be different tubing.

I know this but this very frame allegedly had a 26.8 seatpost in in not so long back.

If you follow the posts this frame previously belonged to v12jat who fitted a 26.8 on the advice of Scrat with a virtually identical frame.

Whatever James the previous owner had it in is now in a mid nineties Saracen.

Just checked the seatpost I tried earlier on and its definately a 26.2 and it is just too tight, checked the top of the seattube and its not out of shape at all.

It's just going to be a case of trial and error for you I reckon as nothing is making much sense!

Incidentally I've got three old Saracens and they all take a 26.4 seatpost which wouldn't go in your frame either.

To shed some light on this, I basically measured the seatpost I already had, using the highly accurate bit of string method, it came out close enough to 26.8 to confirm what I'd been told on here! so when I finally got a seat post it didn't fit cos my calculation and measurements were way out!

Basically a shocker of epic proportions!!!!!!

:LOL:

Just remembered I have an old 26.0 in the shed, will try that and if its still too tight it obviously has to be a 25.8 :)

chrisv40":zur0npg3 said:
:LOL:

Just remembered I have an old 26.0 in the shed, will try that and if its still too tight it obviously has to be a 25.8 :)

I'd try something like a 25.4 (1") too before you shell out, it's a fairly popular size. If you don't have one you could try a 1" quill stem to see what that fits like.

Or you could pick a number out of a hat, it might be more help than this thread ;) .

Back