DB Ascent Seatpost

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Yo! I have got a Diamondback ascent think its a '90/91, need a seatpost and am unsure what diameter it is! i think its a 26.8 but dont wanna blow any cash on the wrong one! :?

any help appreciated!

v12jat":1n7ksu2s said:
Yo! I have got a Diamondback ascent think its a '90/91, need a seatpost and am unsure what diameter it is! i think its a 26.8 but dont wanna blow any cash on the wrong one! :?

any help appreciated!
Pics would be good, or proper description of it.

Gut feeling is 27.0, but there was some variance, I think, around the late 80s / early 90s (and then again in the mid 90s, I think).

cant get a pic of it at the minute, but its colour sceme is pretty much the same as this, but its definately an ascent, not an apex or ascent ex!!!!

nice one!!

Attachments

• 32f901dd.jpg
    32f901dd.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,119
I have a '93 Ascent but it's very different to yours, I think they must have altered the geometry a couple of years later. Anyway it takes a 26.8 seatpost perfectly, it's very snug so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get a 27.0 down there. I'd hang out for a more definate answer from someone with exactly the same bike before you splash out.

here we go! finally i have a picture of the actual bike!

I have seen your '93 weeman, the geometry looks different for sure, although mine is a 20" frame, so a bit on the big side - but it rides very well all the same! [/quote]

Attachments

• 27022010743.jpg
    27022010743.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,096
Nice bike, hope you're feeling confident about buying that seatpost now.

I really like mine, I've ridden nothing else since I've finished it. Only to work and back every day though, haven't been offroad yet.

What I mean about the geometry is yours and the others seem to have the more traditional level toptube/crossbar. Mine is more sloping, maybe because it's a smaller frame, maybe it's a later design, I don't know.

Cheers or ur help everyone I got a 26.8 and it fits like a glove!

Will do a build thread when she's finished!

That ascent ex looks in great nick!! :cool:

chrisv40":3jc3h12t said:
Just tried a 26.2 in mine and its just too tight, should it be a 25.8?

I'm pretty sure that the 3 of us with the 26.8 seatposts aren't all wrong. Maybe yours is an oddball but it looked almost identical to two of these in this post.

I've just been out to the garage with the vernier and mine (93) is definately 26.8.

Are you sure there's nothing extra in there like a shim or the remains of another post?

Back