Dawes Ranger, Cougar, Countryman, nomad

OSMojo

Old School Hero
Dear all

I am after a Dawes ATB 22" with Reynolds 531, I think the Dawes range of Ranger, Cougar, Countryman, Nomad were all the same geometry and all 531? so essentially the same F&F. I like the long wheelbase.

Does anyone know of which of the models they came in green and blue?
According the the catalogue the Ranger didn't come in green yet I've seen a few, just wondering if that might be an aftermarket spray or original. The only Rangers I can find are in the burgundy colour, (still nice).

VwAZzWjRyld3KbLjDFnjTOtIeIFErngcUg6W5s6fiL75t3cLhsV0gr1s2od49WUgqenkAY1lqJbiojLnlSKM9jE-dujoBmsCDBqcG0MuHaaanwBJ

hi are you looking for a frame or complete bike? earlier ranger/countryman has 531 frame and fork and is the longer straight chainstay design

and the later shorter nomad was I believe 501 frame and flat crown 531 fork same as wildcat and the cougar was 531/531

I have both sent me an email and i will get you some pics if your interested

Regards Stuart

My new Dawes Cougar. Can anyone tell me something about the model year of this colour variant.
View attachment 568438View attachment 568439

Hi, your bike is very likely from 1988, because the used Deore RD-MT60 rear derailleur, as this was only available in 1988 (BTW: to me the most clean rear mech ever)
Unfortunately it seems that there is a gab of documentations and catalogs between 1986 and 1990

I’ve started a new thread, which adds to the discussion here

Back