Dawes Ranger ATB

pioneer

Retro Newbie
c1985/6.One of the first British production mountain bikes.Full Reynolds 531 super tourist frame and forks. Good condition for age. Mudguards,rear rack,front halogen light and dynamo. Bar-ends. Currently with replacement wheels and chainset.7 speed cassette,12-28.Sugino 900 chainset,170cranks,44,32,22.Schwalbe Marathon 1.75 tyres

Also with original wheels with Maillard Heliomatic 5 speed freewheel, 14-28 and freewheel remover,saddle,pedals,B/B and Sakae 175 chainset,46,36,26. And 2" knobblies'. (The only original item I don't have is the stem).

Please note: the Brooks B17 and Shimano clipless pedals currently fitted will be coming off prior to sale.Though I do also have clip and strap pedals if anybody wants them.

I've used the bike for lightweight,short touring but it is now surplus to requirements.

I'm asking £150.00 ono.Pics' available. Feel free to PM or phone.07899-842093
Collection preferred, just south of Ipswich.Thanks for looking!

I've re-sized the pics' and they're still to big! Bah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr K, sorry, that's the one thing I forgot! It's the 20" frame, horizontal top tube.There was also a 22",though they were even rarer.

Actual sizes are:
from top of B/B shell to top of top tube (along seat tube)19.5"
length of top tube 22.5"

Now getting the pics' re-sized so I can post them.

Hope this helps.

MMM.

If you are having problems with the pics drop me a PM for my email and I can put them up if you like?

Also registering interest :D

doh! cannae manage either, have a bump and nice bike BTW :D

google chrome is your friend:

Attachments

• SDC10156.jpg
    SDC10156.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 5,476
  • dawes ranger from CTC fourm 3.jpg
    dawes ranger from CTC fourm 3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5,476
  • dawes ranger from CTC fourm 2.jpg
    dawes ranger from CTC fourm 2.jpg