Last ones for now...
DSC_0034_zps568dd6bb.jpg
[/url]

Chain is repaired :LOL: ;)

Looks just like it does now...

Re: Re:

Giom6":14ogklva said:
sinnerman":14ogklva said:
Good Luck with BOTM, Gio. A lot of time, money and Effort well spent there IMHO... :cool: And im glad you are enjoying the ride too.

Thanks mate. And thanks to you
Not sure what will happen with BOTM but I'm not really bothered. Its probably my favourite bike so far so I'm happy :)

That's all that matters ! Why it matters that the paint is original puzzles me, if you are restoring something why not paint it?it was an MG B Gt you wouldn't leave it rusty :?
I can get it with a chipped paint, and patina but at the end of the day it's your bike and you wanted the best possible finish.

Good luck with BOTM !

Bryncrug72":3xjuvpbb said:
Giom6":3xjuvpbb said:
sinnerman":3xjuvpbb said:
Good Luck with BOTM, Gio. A lot of time, money and Effort well spent there IMHO... :cool: And im glad you are enjoying the ride too.

Thanks mate. And thanks to you
Not sure what will happen with BOTM but I'm not really bothered. Its probably my favourite bike so far so I'm happy :)

That's all that matters ! Why it matters that the paint is original puzzles me, if you are restoring something why not paint it?it was an MG B Gt you wouldn't leave it rusty :?
I can get it with a chipped paint, and patina but at the end of the day it's your bike and you wanted the best possible finish.

Good luck with BOTM !

Thanks!

Exactly right. I wanted to get it repainted so it looks the best it can and so it last another 25 years. Its all period correct components too...

Re:

I think that sometimes, our west coast USA brethren forget how lucky they are. With the climate over there patina means just that but over here, our grim weather means that patina can = patina + serious (and often unseen) rust issues/potential. Some of my bikes have/will be left as they are, warts and all, but in this instance I would've done the same as you in order to preserve it's rarity and give it a new lease of life.

Re:

raidan73":2gxqwyyk said:
I think that sometimes, our west coast USA brethren forget how lucky they are. With the climate over there patina means just that but over here, our grim weather means that patina can = patina + serious (and often unseen) rust issues/potential. Some of my bikes have/will be left as they are, warts and all, but in this instance I would've done the same as you in order to preserve it's rarity and give it a new lease of life.

I know someone who imported a car from there because of the "no rust" opportunity !
I imagine the nice dusty trails are slightly more forgiving than the wet bog in the pouring rain up the chase ! :D
Trouble with rust is, that if you don't get it sorted it will only get worse ! Plus period paint finishes differ in quality some were very thin ( like mine ) and let's face it it doesn't look good with bubbled paint ! I'd rather the frame was restored and lasted another 20 years and was ridden rather than left with its original UK "patina" and hung on a wall !

Bryncrug72":24qsef4i said:
raidan73":24qsef4i said:

I know someone who imported a car from there because of the "no rust" opportunity !
I imagine the nice dusty trails are slightly more forgiving than the wet bog in the pouring rain up the chase ! :D
Trouble with rust is, that if you don't get it sorted it will only get worse ! Plus period paint finishes differ in quality some were very thin ( like mine ) and let's face it it doesn't look good with bubbled paint ! I'd rather the frame was restored and lasted another 20 years and was ridden rather than left with its original UK "patina" and hung on a wall !
Spot on both of you. I want to ride and enjoy the bike and more than anything it deserved to be brought back to its former glory! You don't see many of the E-stays around so why not?!

It took the painters ages to get the right paint to match it to the original and they did an amazing job...

Back