M Steel / Dave Yates? Tourer

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
Been using this one for a few years now as my winter bike. Ashamed to say I haven’t dusted it off until this month and haven’t used it this winter…….yet…..planning a ride out on Thursday. Keep going through a cycle of getting stuff ready and not going out the last few weeks.

Suspect Dave Yates built M Steel Cycles? Nice blue colour which as usual I’ve splodged something approximating that colour on to any stone chips/bare metal.

A lovely comfortable ride, perfect fit for me, yes the bars aren’t at the “right” angle but that’s what’s right for me! I gave it an upgrade last year with stem and seatpost I had in the drawers for some time, for some reason they are NJS stamped, no idea why I bought stuff for a Japanese track bike but there you go, they fit and they look nice. The Nitto bars are really comfy for longer rides. The Campagnolo kit seamless. Pederson SE brakes again were in the drawer and had spacers that match the frame colour so on they went. Wheels aren’t anything fancy but strong and reliable, saving weight in components isn’t a factor when you weight 17st!

Usually sports a Carradice bag which I swap out for a wedge pack for shorter rides. I took off the lights, pump and tool bag etc for photos, just think it looks better without.

B61E7FB5-F664-48EE-87B0-65D4D0889E63.jpeg 80CAA483-D696-4F33-A306-B1CE8E215F2D.jpeg A58C0D54-B380-4517-B602-B1ED8E57E38C.jpeg 8B5DFD4A-3ABA-44DF-A9E0-DF42BABE63F4.jpeg F49CE670-EF2B-4B6B-A01D-11F0ABB59B3A.jpeg 507FA7B6-70AA-439D-BFDB-4E7E6A5480DB.jpeg C670341F-8DB0-4290-A25C-CEFCAF9ABBC2.jpeg

Frame: M Steel/ Dave Yates Reynolds 531 touring

Fork: Reynolds 531

Headset:Campagnolo Chorus
Stem: Nitto Pearl
Handlebar: Nitto Randonneur

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo Veloce 3x10
Brakes : Pederson SE Cantilever

Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Triple Comp
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Race Triple
Chainset : Campagnolo Race Triple

Rims: Mavic CXP22
Hubs: Generic Specialized
Tyres: Continental GP 4 season

Saddle: Brooks
Seatpost: Nitto
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

Extras: Carradice Barley for longer range and Topeak Wedge for short range! SKS Mudguards

Extras: Carradice Barley for longer range and Topeak Wedge for short range! SKS Mudguards
Ahh, the joys of getting mudguards to fit evenly. Not easy I find, and takes longer than a bike shop could possibly charge for.

Ahh, the joys of getting mudguards to fit evenly. Not easy I find, and takes longer than a bike shop could possibly charge for.
I run Raceblades on a couple of other bikes which are much easier to set up, but I wanted something more permanent for this one as I hope eventually to tour on it. As long as they keep me dry I’m not too worried about the aesthetic. My modern Cube bike has a set of guards specific to that model which are pretty much plug and play, though very flimsy compared to SKS.

Back