Dave Lloyd CATS.........

dnbmatt28":3mieawtd said:
Nice. If you are going for discs, have you seen these wheels?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hope-Tita...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item53f68b29ae

Cheers
Matt

How spooky is that!

I hadn't seen them, but they are in my watchbox now, and they're relatively local, so I could go and pick them up.

Just mocking the CATS up, with a variety of bit's n bobs from the parts draw. I have some Ritchey bars, X-Lite stubbies and Avid AD 2.0 levers, all in silver or black. I have also hung a pair of Middleburn RS7 cranks with a silver spider on, which would look good with black chain rings.

If it were not for the fact that the frame needs some major attention, this could have been a pretty quick build ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NeilM":22sj0r2v said:
DSC_0418_zpsae8488b1.jpg

The first time I like a Dave LLoyd mountain bike :LOL: that's beautiful and I will follow the build closely.

Well it's all mocked up and looking pretty good, in a rough'n'ready sort of way.

I'm going to try to get into Argos this week, but I'm a bit pressed for time as it's a short week and I'm off for a weeks hols next weekend.

Once I've seen Mark, I will have a timescale for the frame, which I suspect will be something like 6 months, unless their order book has recently come down.

While I'm waiting, I'm looking at brake and front fork options, as I have a few ideas brewing.

A quick photo just for Sinnerman.

The top tube on the CATS is identical to my Diabolo, so I stood the two bikes side by side and the height / length differences are minimal.

As an aside, the top tube length I look for, is the one I measured from my Zaskar which I have been riding on and off since 94.

All my bikes have a top tube plus or minus half an inch of that measurement, with the possible exception of one, but that is being built up with a shorter stem.

DSC_0424_zps0cda19b2.jpg

Nice.

If you go modern discs, which I would, logical to build modern drivetrain. Frame is the real deal, rest Is functionality.

coomber":wqwfrg2g said:
If you go modern discs, which I would, logical to build modern drivetrain. Frame is the real deal, rest Is functionality.

That's the plan; the only change in my thinking being from a Truvativ crank to a Middleburn, as I feel the RS7 suits the bike better and because it was made (like the frame) in Dear Old Blighty.

Just trying to track down black chainrings in the right sizes.

Dropped off at Argos this morning, the scary list of repairs reads:

Fit new R/H Chainstay and check L/H stay
Fill dent in seat tube with silver solder
Straighten / file R/H dropout for axle
Repair cracks at seat clamp area
Re-shape head tube
Remove stuck f/mech roller and replace
Remove old Hope disc mount
Fit new disc mount plate.

On the other side of the worksheet it just says Argento (which is pretty much the colour the frame is now), plus the decal details.

They don't have the artwork for the CATS WISKAS decal, so I took a lot of photos, Mark measured each decal and my son is going to do the artwork for Argos to produce.

That's it then, work is underway. I have to call in again in a couple of weeks for a progress report.

No.1 son has done me proud and produced the artwork for the CATS... decal.

Photo.
DSC_0408_zps27f8222d.jpeg

Artwork...NO, that's not the right colour, it will be produced in black.

ScreenShot2013-04-03at212452_zps8430476b.png

Quiet often if the decals are proud it's easy to replicate in the brass rubbing technique

Back