Date this Kona for me

Re: Re:

kampos":1ctf240v said:
I think Mr. onestare is correct ; my recently acquired HH is B20563 and is either very late 1995 or early 1996 -- to the OP ; as I understand it all HH's from this time have the B ; then it is size ( in both our cases 20" ) and then a sequential number ; so yours is just a little earlier than mine.

My Hei Hei is B20594 and I was told it was a 1995 build for the 1996 model year so that accords with your info.

Grumps

Attachments

• P4230367.jpg
    P4230367.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 403
Re:

I saw that, too, but I am not sure if it pairs well with the Pace rc36 EVO II with 80mm travel, I had in mind.
If it fits without ruining it's geometry, I'm definitely interested.

Godwin_Austen":3hkr2d0u said:
Yeah I think it is a bit large for me too :(

The hunt continues...

@Godwin_Austen: Are you the Seller?
Same here just opposite: I'm seeking 20"

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=313360

We might be able to help each other > PM
cheers

kampos":2tru8p5v said:
I think Mr. onestare is correct ; my recently acquired HH is B20563 and is either very late 1995 or early 1996 -- to the OP ; as I understand it all HH's from this time have the B ; then it is size ( in both our cases 20" ) and then a sequential number ; so yours is just a little earlier than mine.

How much travel do these 96' frames take given an average axle to crown length? Do you think it could handle 80mm?

skunkworks":26k2jga9 said:
How much travel do these 96' frames take given an average axle to crown length? Do you think it could handle 80mm?

Yep. Mine runs a Fox 80mm. Not sure of the A2C to be precise, but the resulting geometry is pretty sweet.

Grumps

skunkworks":1xysmnai said:
kampos":1xysmnai said:

I still mistrust suspendable forks ; but can only agree with Grumpy that 80mm ought to be alright ; original equipment in 1996 was the (75mm?) Judy XC.

kampos":1690h8za said:

Old thread I know, but THANK YOU. I tried for forever to date my B20559 and now I have my answer, that it's most likely a 1995 Hei Hei :) Now I'll be on the lookout for the proper decals.

Attachments

• heihei2020.jpg
    heihei2020.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Back