Dads with retro bikes

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bored at work, spoted Rampage's post of his dads MBK, and thought, mm yeah my dad has one, a very early 80's bright pink Pearson road bike with full Campag. He used to have a Muddy Fox Pathfinder in purple too until it got nicked.

I don't have any photos as I am not usng my own PC, but why not chat about what your dad has got/had and stick up some pic's if you have any?

Just thought it would be a bit of fun. If this is in the wrong thread Mod's please move. :)

My Dad has a 92 Marin Palisades (with the lovely Frying Pan Zolatone paint). It's completely original, and doesn't get out enough...but he's 72 so I cannot blame him.

I built my dad a '95 Diamond Back Axis which he gets out on occasionally, no pics I'm afraid.

I got my dad a 98 orange-white clockwork which had done a season as a hire bike with an LBS. I even fitted it out with a USE suspension post and flex-stem to aid his rehabilitation into cycling.
He rode it the sum total of about six times and then it sat in his garage for a couple of years. :roll:

It now belongs to a mate of mine and is still going strong as a daily commuter.

My dad has a 91 Townsend rockhopper with a Exage 200GS groupset and an 80's Witcomb 531 roadbike with a sunrace groupset.

Both used to be mine.

My dad has a Scott Endorphin not sure of the year possibly 99 ish, Either way its in perfect NOS condition as its only done about 30 miles since new.

My Dad has a 1990 Nishiki Bushwhacker (Tange DB steel frame & fork). It originally had full Deore LX M550 group but we updated most of the parts to Deore XT M737 in late 90s.
It should be his secondary bike currently since I bought him a Specialized Sirrus Pro fitness bike but he's mostly riding the Nishiki because "the XT parts work so nicely".

92ish 14.5" clockwork.

I seem to remember it being a special or limited edition ?

His old bike (91 ish) Rockhopper is now owned by my bro - Its in bits in his loft :LOL:

WD :D

My Dad had a 1996 Kona Cinder Cone with about 20 miles on the clock in lovely as new condition until a couple of years ago some thieving scumbag decided he deserved to have it more than my Dad. Probably trashed somewhere now.

Back