CycloCross bikes

cherrybomb":2nx0e5vh said:
Tazio":2nx0e5vh said:
I'm starting to ignore the ones I looked at and getting more and more swayed towards a Kinesis Crosslight 5T. It looks like a great bike straight out the box. A guy at a LBS is looking into what kind of build he can do me and keep it below the £1k.

http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/crosslight/five-t

If you're not so bothered about having disk brakes, check out the Ridley CX bikes. :cool:

They look good and have all the heritage but I've read lots from people hating the mini V brakes they put on them now.

I've now narrowed it down to either the Kinesis or a Dolan. The Dolan is the better value. The basic is around £640 with Sora and stock wheels, I can upgrade it to Tiagra and Mavic wheels and still come in £50 cheaper than the Kinesis. Classy looking bike as well, slightly heavier frame but the better wheels will get that weight back.

If you're going to be riding in nasty weather, consider one with disc brakes, especially if you're going to be riding down any hills.

If you can find one - only Winstanleys have the brand in the UK - Stevens Gavere. And Stevens don't allow postal sales so you have to go see one....

Absolutely cracking bike for the money though. Also with mudguard eyelets.

The TRP disc brakes were recalled but replacements have been sent out to dealers now so no need to panic.

I have a 2012 CdF and the comments already posted are spot-on, I've put slicks and mudguards on mine so can't really comment on it's cyclocross prowess, gonna try some lighter wheels and components soon as it is a little lardy ;)

Cheers
Stu

Back