Genesis Volare 853 frameset NOW SOLD

marge602

Retro Guru
Hi. I've decided to sell my Genesis Volare 853 frame. It's a 56cm 2014 model. Dimensions are as follows: TT 570mm c to c (measured parallel with the ground), ST 540mm c to top, HT 150mm, seatpost 27.2, front mech 31.8. Includes the original Enve fork, Hope headset, Shimano press fit B/B, seat clamp and top cap bung. In excellent condition, I doubt if I've done more than 500 miles on it since I bought it around two and a half years ago. The only issue is a small chip in the paint of one of the fork dropouts where I once took it out of a bike carrier rather clumsily.

Selling because I just don't get on with it, despite it being light and stiff, and handling brilliantly. I think it's essentially a modern steel criterium race bike, and I prefer to ride my (more relaxed) Trek Domane. The Madison Genesis team raced the 953 stainless steel version of this frame during the city centre Tour series, and the geometry of this frame is identical.

Not included in the sale is the rest of it! I thought I had a few pics of the frame before I built it up, but apparently not. Obviously it wouldn't take me long to dismantle it if anyone is interested. I already have a bike box, so could easily get it couriered for around £20. This frameset originally retailed for over a grand, and didn't even include a headset! I'm looking for £550 for it.

Regards

Marge
IMAG1706 by Toby Taylor, on Flickr

IMAG1707 by Toby Taylor, on Flickr

IMAG1708 by Toby Taylor, on Flickr

IMAG1709 by Toby Taylor, on Flickr

Re: Genesis Volare 853 frameset PRICE DROP & NEW PICS

Hi,

My brother's very interested in this. Just trying to work out the fit: How tall are you?

Cheers

Back