Customs Charges/Clearance UK

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Have things changed?

Just received an item from the US via USPS then Parcelforce, and there was no charge at all!

I used to import a lot of gear from the US, shipped ground by my bro, and perhaps got lucky 30% of the time, but not so much recently. As in the last ten years..

Had been expecting a bike from Finland, and that arrived, but also there was a US package that should have owed near £200 after you add all up with Parcel Force's usual clearing charge.

Must have been a mix up at customs, or somewhere along the line from there.

..or will I be getting a bill?

It occurs to me that would be a better way to do this anyway, rather than forcing customers to pay before or at collection. A bill sent directly from customs would save a lot of faff.

I won't feel guilty if I don't pay anything, after paying over the odds so many times before!

Anyone else dodged the bullet lately?

(I will be making a further donation to the Jo Cox appeal in order to appease the gods.)

Re:

I usually get bills a week or so after receiving packages that are sent using FedEx etc.
When the local mail service delivers them, I need to pay before I can receive the package.

But sometimes stuff goes through Customs undetected. So you could be lucky.

I didn't get so lucky this week: my new headphones actually went through Customs despite being in an envelope, so I'm expecting a rather large bill.

Bulls, that is the usual setup here for most carriers, pay then collect or get your delivery. Parcelforce usually make you pay at the depot. I wonder if they might have changed things, which would be a mare!

You might be expecting one of these!
bill-werbeniuk-nauttimassa-olutta-pelin-lomassa-huhtikuussa-1988.jpg

Celebrate.

Tax has already been paid when it was bought new, taxing it again when resold is sheer bloody greediness

Hope you get away with it.

Re:

I paid over the odds many times in the past, thanks to those fools calculating costs based on $ amounts or whatever currency was appropriate, lazily just totting up figures from the onboard paperwork.

Got refunds many times, but there were sometimes I just didn't get round to it.

I think they bank on that!

Back