Culled down to my best 2 Retro bikes, feels great, can start from scratch again. Collecting! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Œ

Cheshire1980

Orange ๐ŸŠ Fan
After collecting since 2014 Retro mtbโ€™s, and buying around 50 Oranges in this time, a couple of Marins and an Alpinestars. Its felt strangely great to free myself from hoards of bikes, often having a dozen or so at anyone time. Equally, now having just 2 retro bikes, an Orange 91 Prestige, and a 92 Alu O, it feels now I can start collecting again!
Start afresh, go a different direction, discover different brands, sometimes its healthy to start over, and above all it feels exciting! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

541EE45D-9A0D-4E99-8DA7-8EB6BC6819F2.jpeg

Some of the previous hoards ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Purely down to what I liked as a 12 year old. Always loved a classic orange white fade Prestige, and a Mat grey Alu O.. Still not an easy decision, sold some great Oranges, a Formula 89, Dynamo 93, various Clockwork s from 89-92, Elites , the whole lot, but never bought an Orange Vit T ๐Ÿค”.. 34139F87-5952-46A6-BB47-1AC4C9A45EAD.jpeg 54BA95E4-F373-4456-BDB8-CDB9D04FBF61.jpeg
My last 2..

Did you sell them all as whole bikes or parts. And did you break even do you think generally financially?

90% of the bikes sold as a whole bike.. not a fan of selling bikes as parts, unless i originally bought as a frame and forks. Seems wrong in my opinion.. , but thatโ€™s purely just my opinion.. Plus to idle to split and sell! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oooh a dynamo - always wanted one of those. Currently rocking an RX9 to get my skinny wheeled Orange fix

Might have kept the Formula!

I get your choices though.. this hobby is nothing if not about wallowing in teen nostalgia!

Formula was great, but not a bike I lusted after as a teen. Also, when I first started collecting, I was getting bikes for my Orange collection, but not necessarily having bikes that I was passionate about, it was merely accumulating bikes of that brand and era, which ultimately did not really satisfy me.

Back