Cro-Mega DX - manchester

On the other hand, I find it quite enjoyable removing all the crap from such bikes and bringing them back to std condition and former glory.

Re:

I think the seller is actually an active member on here & he's a good guy.

My tuppence, If you want a bargain off ebay, don't tell everyone else on here!

cybernck":2r8gd3h0 said:
On the other hand, I find it quite enjoyable removing all the crap from such bikes and bringing them back to std condition and former glory.

+1 for this comment. I love 'Renovating' and recently got an interest in having an E-Stay. It'll be the usual affair with me thought, I'll but it, spend hours renovating and cleaning it, ride it to work a few times then put it in the loft hehe.

I'm selling off a lot of my other Retro stuff this year so there'll be room for this one.

I noticed this morning that the bids have gone back down to two. Odd.

And.....it looks a bit small.

Hehehehehhehe I followed this auction as I was interested in the result and I was not surprised at what just happened in the last 7 seconds of the auction.

It was stuck at £52 for a while and then with something like seven seconds left it got sniped by a pound hehehehehehehe

It sold for £53. Which was £47 less than I was prepared to offer the seller in a private agreement but he cut me off after my initial offer. He could have had it from me on the day it was listed here for £100.

Hey Ho. On to the next one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter or anything I just think Ebay is hilarious sometimes.

I'm still liking the look of a Saracen.

:)

Re:

It popped up on my phone with seconds took go and I was tempted as I'm local, but it's way to small for me.

I can't imagine the deal will go though if he turned down £100. I expect they'll find a crack when getting it ready

Re:

Yeah I was watching this, seems like a most reasonable price if you consider the frame and some of the parts on it, only useful if it actually fits you though I guess, and was a tiny frame!
Seller must feel a bit sick having turned down an offer of double the sale price :facepalm:

Ohh no you misunderstand. I offered him £30 initially and he turned me down straight away, saying that he wanted the auction to end. What I didn't tell him is that I have a savings account with a good few hundreds of pounds in it specifically put aside for me to waste on stupid bike projects. I would have given him £100 for it if he'd pushed back at me but he didn't.

If I really want something I can often throw some cash at it.....and usually sell it on months later at a loss hehehehe

But then this game isn't all about profit is it ladies and gents, it's about experiencing something new and finding happiness in your hobby and therefore life.

Oh right I see :LOL:

Trebz":2ksc1zx8 said:
But then this game isn't all about profit is it ladies and gents, it's about experiencing something new and finding happiness in your hobby and therefore life.

It's not about profit at all for me, the rate I go through bikes buy/ride/sell/repeat... :facepalm: some I sell for more, others less, it just helps my hobby tick along for minimal cost.
I just enjoy riding different retro bikes, some good, some bad, all different experiences :)

Back