Coyote Ultralight with Lawwil

nicklej

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys

I’m new here but have been a lurker for a while. I’ve come across a bit of a unicorn and wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

I know some spec details like the lawwill fork and Hope hubs but am literally scratching my head over the frame?

I’ve searched as best as I can for detail and cannot find anything. Can anyone help?

The frame is a coyote ultralight.

Thanks
Jake

Attachments

• BDB43694-8F8F-4382-9B98-8F52EF85C2D7.jpeg
    BDB43694-8F8F-4382-9B98-8F52EF85C2D7.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DDD4E901-E5A1-4F0D-B262-CE84423BCB0B.jpeg
    DDD4E901-E5A1-4F0D-B262-CE84423BCB0B.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 92
I could be wrong, but the frame doesn't look like any coyote ultra lite I've seen or had. They tended to have CNC work at the BB and seat stay junctions.

Lawwill leader forks, use bushes at the pivots, air shock by risse. I had a set of 3s, liked them and regret selling them.

You've got a bolt on rear suspension unit on the frame, never had one of those but have seen pics, no idea of they are any good, but you can remove and pop the wheel in the normal position instead, though always nice to be different.

Stem looks like a Fred salmon, AC chain ring, ringle H20 bottle cage, seems pretty nice imho.

I could be wrong, but the frame doesn't look like any coyote ultra lite I've seen or had. They tended to have CNC work at the BB and seat stay junctions.

Lawwill leader forks, use bushes at the pivots, air shock by risse. I had a set of 3s, liked them and regret selling them.

You've got a bolt on rear suspension unit on the frame, never had one of those but have seen pics, no idea of they are any good, but you can remove and pop the wheel in the normal position instead, though always nice to be different.

Stem looks like a Fred salmon, AC chain ring, ringle H20 bottle cage, seems pretty nice imho.
Thanks for the reply and good insight. I’ve never seen this frame before either and when researching it, naff all comes back!

I know the type of detailing you mean on the BB and seatstays - I love that stuff. For now this is still a bit mysterious.

Does anyone still service Lawwill forks? Or is this a project I’ll have to undertake do you think? The bike has some corroded parts and the elastomers probably need replacing too.

Thanks
Jake

I had to send the shock I had to Meet Lawwill direct as Risse were rubbish at responding to work being thrown their way.

Got hugely stung for import taxes when it came back. Not sure if there is anyone that services them in the UK, I think it used to be mojo but they are long gone now.

Elastomers you should be able to pick up, plenty of folk on here could help you out,you'd need to know the hardness (shore scale I think) and diameter and that should be that.

Good luck. If you decide it's more work than you want to do, I'm ways up for a project and while I think the frame is pretty generic, it has a charm and I'm fond of a lawwill so would be up for it.

The decals look correct for an early Coyote frame, the models prior to the HT3/4/5 didn't have the CNC chainstay or CNC yoke.

Looks like the rear dropouts have been cut so the rear wheel won't fit the frame without the suspension unit.
Apart from the corrosion on some of the components, it looks very nice.

The decals look correct for an early Coyote frame, the models prior to the HT3/4/5 didn't have the CNC chainstay or CNC yoke.
Yes from what I am aware this is a “prototype” Coyote frame. But there’s no info I could find to back that up 👍

The retrobike.co.uk sticker on the seatstay suggests that someone here owned it previously.
That’s true. The bike is on sale on Facebook, and I liked the idea of having something cool in my collection.

The person selling is on holiday at the moment so can’t get info from there right away and thought I’d try here first :)

Yes from what I am aware this is a “prototype” Coyote frame. But there’s no info I could find to back that up 👍
I'm pretty certain it isn't a prototype. It's an early Coyote hardtail frame with the rear dropouts cut off and an aftermarket rear suspension added. That could have been undertaken by the original owner or by the Coyote importers (they didn't manufacture anything). The first Coyote full suspension bikes were all manufactured by Fastrax and this doesn't bear any resemblance to those designs.
It is possible that the rear suspension was manufactured by Fastrax, I really don't know. But I'm sure someone on here will recognise it and have more info.

Back