Corratec Team Bow - help!!

matt-b

Old School Hero
Hello

Here is my new/old bike.

Brought off here from a fellow retro biker (Kobike).

He did a great job of restoring it back to near original spec, just need some yellow grips and tyres which i am on the look out for.

I`m a light user so with the bike being nearly 20 years old it won`t be put through its paces, with the odd trip to the woods, but more for gentle rides up town or to see family.

Talking of age, under the bottom bracket, its number starts 96.... is this the year of manufacture or just luck?

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,608
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,607
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,607
Re: Corratec Team Bow

That is really cool, I got the same frame stripped lying in my shed waiting to be painted in these wild colours again.

Re: Corratec Team Bow

welcome to the Corratec family :)

Saw that bike in the ad from Kobike and agree, that the bike is in an almost original state - and in a great nick.

I will look out for some yellow grips for you. Yellow Corratec Diamant Grip Tyres are really hard to find, but not impossible - if you find one, and there's a second set available - I could need one, too ;)

Re:

Saw this for sale for a while and was tempted a few times!

Glad it found a new home.

Love the look!

Help...

I was cleaning the bike down and noticed this damage to my rear hub!
Can it be repaired? Is it OK to keep using it? (i only use it lightly around town)... or is the hub a write off?

Thanks, Mattt

Attachments

• hub.jpeg
    hub.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,346
Re:

That's a write-off. Bad luck.

Hubs deal with a lot of tension from the spokes etc. Aluminium also has a tendency to get weaker over time due to metal fatigue.
Those aftermarket hubs never were as strong or reliable as the Shimano stuff to begin with and with age the chance of them going wrong increases.

agree - unfortunatly that hub is a complete write off.

from time to time this hubs (solo or as wheelset) appears on ebay - fingers crossed you find one replacement hub.

I've changed the rear wheel to the spare one that came with the bike.

Shame the rim has silver on it, maybe i could paint this?

I have some genuine yellow grips on order too.

The tyres are not Corratec branded, but the look the part.

If anyone sees any parts for sale on any sites or a European eBay etc etc please let me know.

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• image_zpscdejt93i.jpg
    image_zpscdejt93i.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,214
Don't suppose anyone has a copy of the original Corratec brochure?

I'd love to know the actual original spec.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back