Coolest bikes in my garage

Wish I'd seen these last year! Got my (6yrs) son a GT stomper which is an excellent bike but weighs almost as much as my East Peak. I paid around £170 but would definately have paid an extra £30 or so for one of these babies. I think if you want to encourage your kids to bike with you, then the lighter the better as little legs struggle on the slightest inclines with a heavy steed (a bit like mine at the moment) :oops:

cchris2lou":1hyb7gl6 said:
but to go to the park and cycle round the garden , cheaper bikes are just perfect .

:LOL: That describes a fair proportion of your average retrobikers journeys but it doesn't stop us spending a wedge on our bikes :)

joke

Wish I'd seen these last year! Got my (6yrs) son a GT stomper which is an excellent bike but weighs almost as much as my East Peak. I paid around £170 but would definately have paid an extra £30 or so for one of these babies. I think if you want to encourage your kids to bike with you, then the lighter the better as little legs struggle on the slightest inclines with a heavy steed (a bit like mine at the moment) :oops:

Russell":1cegof1o said:
cchris2lou":1cegof1o said:
but to go to the park and cycle round the garden , cheaper bikes are just perfect .

:LOL: That describes a fair proportion of your average retrobikers journeys but it doesn't stop us spending a wedge on our bikes :)

joke

:LOL:

I could no longer justify watching my boy struggle to pedal the cheapy heap we got him. I just felt that to give him a love of cycling early on, it was worth getting quality now. His bike even has a little aheadset!

I was going to say that I will happily buy him rubbish later on when he can ride properly if it is only for kicking about on, but that would be wrong because I would then get him something second hand but still of decent quality. I vow never again to buy something I can't adjust the brakes on!

Back