Converted TT bike, steel flatbar, 105 gs, very aggressive

stevesd

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Sorry to post first time as a Newbie as a sale, I came over from Cyclechat. Delighted to discover the forum.

IMGP9431.jpg

(more below)

This is a really speedy, aggressive little bike, built around a lightweight steel TT frame, and great fun to ride. It measures as 56cm, though I have the saddle considerably higher than in the picture. It has another four inches it can rise, and the stem can rise around 1.5 inches too. It's great for running around town.

I've had this around 18 months. I was short of cash, my commuter was lent to someone who needed it more and I wanted a speedy little bike as an alternative to my mountain bike, for work, where I never rode more than about four miles in a go. I bought this from a lovely guy who works at Evans, who had put it together himself and used it as his commuter for a couple of years, and was selling to finance a new one.

Rear mech, 105, 5 speed
Brakes and levers - 105
Gear changers - 105, Sti bar mounted (and currently on manual)
Cassette, five speed (I don't know the make) - 14-28t
Brake levers - Shimano M system, short CX style brakes
Crankset - Sturmey Archer, single guarded chainring (44t)
Rear wheel, Rigida, SRP6 'Handbuilt by Steve Thornhill (former Dawes chief mechanic)
Front wheel - Alesa
Tyres, Continental Gatorskin and Schwalbe Blizzard Sport
Bars - very narrow, ideal for whizzing through traffic, 43cm wide, slightly angled

It's very aggressive and a really speedy. I'm 6 foot and wouldn't ride it a long way, but I've had great fun around town. Although it's only a five speed, the weight and feel of it mean it's perfectly adequate for climbing. Plus it puts me in a nice position for the Liverpool Wind (It deserves the capital.) It's very nice to ride, great for whipping in and out of traffic, and for good speedy starts.

Frame sizes:
Seatpost 56
Toptube: 55
Top tube from floor - 79 front, 82 rear.

My commute's gone from 3.5 miles teach way o 17, and so I need something that's more about comfort and protecting my back. Oh - the saddle is an old Brooks, and I really like it. It'll come with a regular road saddle unless you can persuade me you really want it! I'm in the process of cleaning it over, so it will look better. I'm happy to post.

I'm looking for £200.

IMGP9423.jpg

IMGP9429.jpg

IMGP9423.jpg

IMGP9426.jpg

IMGP9427.jpg

IMGP9430.jpg

Back