Congrats Man City!

suburbanreuben":n9vxyw8v said:
markwashington":n9vxyw8v said:
I genuinely believe that Arsenal would have won something more recently if they'd sacked Wenger 4/5 years ago and his financial nous (read scrooge like tendencies and love of selling players just as they peak) has papered over his managerial cracks for years.

What a load of bollocks!
Arsenal have a stadium to pay for and they're doing it the old fashioned way. Wenger sells players because that is what the board expect of him, to rid them of debt ASAP! His only brief is to keep them in Europe and reap the benefits of that.
He's doing a bloody brilliant job on sometimes patchy resources.(viz Ramsey this year) He could have skipped off to virtually any club in Europe and won stuff, but no,he's busy planning for Arsenal's future, not that I've ever met a gooner who is in any way grateful;miserable Arses!

I'm not saying he hasn't done a fantastic job in terms of getting them into Europe and paying for the stadium, he has, but I stand by my statement that they would have won something sooner if they'd sacked Wenger. I don;t think he's got the tactical flexibility of other top mamagers. He has also spent big prior to this season (2012-13 circa £36m on Giroud, Cazorla and Podolski) despite telling everyone there was no money due to the stadium being paid for, then when it was paid off, he only spent £6m more (albeit all on one player). I'm no gooner, and you probably watch more of Arsenal than me, but if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be sick of being totally outclassed in the champions league knockout stages each year, despite having a team that should compete. There's also something wrong with the training at Arsenal for their best players to get massive injuries year in year out.

Back