Colnago Master Cyclocross

wonder what kind of stone Mr Stone found that under...he does get some nice bits and pieces
very generous of you re pics, will grab some off here
enjoy your Unicorn!

nice, wasn't meant to be flippant, i'm 59, was looking at the ht space left between the lugging, must have been a tailored fit/ bespoke one
have the factory been of any assistance re provenance? they can be a little difficult, but something like this may have something there
as i said, a guess at dating would be post 95, so one of the later generation masters

saarf":3htul3pi said:
nice, wasn't meant to be flippant, i'm 59, was looking at the ht space left between the lugging, must have been a tailored fit/ bespoke one
have the factory been of any assistance re provenance? they can be a little difficult, but something like this may have something there
as i said, a guess at dating would be post 95, so one of the later generation masters

No worries, didn't take your question as anything other than curiosity.

I did email the factory, but without a serial number, they couldn't/wouldn't help.

I agree...this bike was built for someone specific...just wish I knew who!

I thought the chain stay protector might have provided some information, but it's led nowhere for me. I've googled but didn't find much on "11eleven.com."

Very cool ride!

De lugs are similar to those used on the Master frames. Seeing as the tubing is not fluted, I am guessing this was either a one off custom or some kind of prototype. The steel fork is also authentic Colnago, they used it on there mountainbike frames, but also on the early Colnago Dream cyclocross frames.

P.S. I was the owner of the Roger de Vlaeminck CX bike.

saarf":3kxcpaqt said:
they are a little mean at the factory like that

Well...they probably do get a lot of inquiries by email.

That having been said, I just realized that I can probably figure out Ernesto's email address from the email I did receive from the factory. :)

So I sent him an email wishing him happy birthday (he recently turned 84) and inquiring about the frame.

I'll provide an update if I hear back...

Fingers crossed.

...Email bounced. Maybe 84 year old Italian craftsmen don't have email. :(

Latest posts

Back