Colnago Master alloy MM build

With a bit of time on my hands i put a few more parts onto the Colnago.

Fitted the headset and fork, the blue Dia Compes and the shifters and changed the bar ends to see how they looked. The front mech i have is too big so need to find another.

I am not into building bikes for lightness, function is more important to me, but this bike is quite light thanks to the frame and forks. So here is how she stands at the moment...

P1012418.JPG P1012416.JPG

Last edited:
Prodigal Son":3ica88qd said:
Shim the seat tube for your front derr. Cut a piece of an old butyl tube... it works untill you get the exact part.

Im not in much of a rush and its quite a common mech, XT 31.8 downpull, sure i have one but the one i pulled out turned out to be a 34.9, not sure where that came from as i don't have any frames that size :?

mk one":368mkr37 said:
Prodigal Son":368mkr37 said:
Shim the seat tube for your front derr. Cut a piece of an old butyl tube... it works untill you get the exact part.

Im not in much of a rush and its quite a common mech, XT 31.8 downpull, sure i have one but the one i pulled out turned out to be a 34.9, not sure where that came from as i don't have any frames that size :?

I can never wrap my mind around what is top pull, down pull, top swing, down swing.. :(

Finally got hold of a front mech for it, after being messed about for a while i just got one from somewhere else and now just need to cable the bike up and its ready to ride.

Looking forward to testing it, though once i have and with MM being a long way off now, i will probably dismantle it for space purposes and build it back up when/if MM comes around again. Unless of course its a really nice ride :)

Just a few pictures, sorry for the dark room, couldn't be bothered to take it downstairs :roll: :)

P1013069.JPG P1013067.JPG P1013064.JPG

Last edited:
That’s lovely - looking really sleek with the silver group set ! After the first page I was thinking black components to let the frame shine but nicely done
I wonder how much it weighs?

Back