Clubbytrails 2019 - Strade Be-Manky. Sun April 28th. 9.30

Re: Re:

RobMac":2v1d64yn said:
clubby":2v1d64yn said:
What you riding Rob? Bike I mean ;)
I'm not riding anything at the moment but as for a bike I'll probably take the Litespeed as it's at the front of the pile

Thought you’d built up a Cotic Road Rat for this kind of thing?
Definitely don’t take the heckler. You no fully rigid bikes?

clubby":2ecrqgcd said:
RobMac":2ecrqgcd said:
clubby":2ecrqgcd said:
What you riding Rob? Bike I mean ;)
I'm not riding anything at the moment but as for a bike I'll probably take the Litespeed as it's at the front of the pile

You no fully rigid bikes?

He's probably got hundreds, under the pile of thousands of FS bikes :LOL:

Re:

I've just checked my bike over for tomorrow, I've not used it since I did the Dirty Reiver a few weeks ago and I'd had some gear indexing issues near the end of the ride.
Turns out one of the two bolts holding the mech hanger on has broken, and the other bolt seems to be a little bent, allowing the mech hanger and mech to move about a fair bit. No wonder the indexing was out :facepalm:
They're tiny counter sunk bolts and I don't have anything like them spare, so looks like I'll be riding a MTB tomorrow instead :roll:

Clubby, I am just getting ready to leave and notice it's been dry today and says it will be dry an 10 degree tomorrow. As they say in cricket, 'How do think the ground will be? '
Trucker is ready but missing riding the Jack Taylor but 32mm tyres and a road frame may be a worry if the ground is wet or muddy.

Jamie

Re:

Light rain yesterday afternoon and drizzling now. Forecast the same overnight on and off. “Shouldn’t” be much mud, or lying water. Been very dry recently and a bit of rain probably do the trails a world of good.
Not many of the trails would turn muddy, they really are quite gravelly.
Dealers choice really.

jimo746":grznwrij said:
I've just checked my bike over for tomorrow, I've not used it since I did the Dirty Reiver a few weeks ago and I'd had some gear indexing issues near the end of the ride.
Turns out one of the two bolts holding the mech hanger on has broken, and the other bolt seems to be a little bent, allowing the mech hanger and mech to move about a fair bit. No wonder the indexing was out :facepalm:
They're tiny counter sunk bolts and I don't have anything like them spare, so looks like I'll be riding a MTB tomorrow instead :roll:

That’s why I always buy a spare hanger as soon as I get a new bike. Very rarely needed one but would rather have one to hand. Can be a bugger to get further down the line.

Re:

Yeah I've been thinking "must get a spare hanger, just in case" for a long while, never got around to doing it though :roll: so that's the Grade off the (gravel) Road till a new hanger arrives.
On the bright side, it's been raining all day here, so I locked myself in the man-Cave and have built a retro rigid mtb which should be better for longer gravelly type riding than a hard tail Mtb with 140mm forks on it.

Re:

I'm going to leave this to you fellows, just not enough power in the leg yet for this trip. I'll just do the weeding, which is now quite urgent, and sort the recycling boxes so I can actually move around the garage :LOL:

Have a good un though - weather looks set to be fine :cool:

Re:

Currently chilling in a pod which is basically a prebuilt ridge tent with a decent bed in it near St Andrews Five. Bike is basic old school road bike with 32mm tyres but no guards for mud/gravel clearance and North Road Bars for upright comfort. From experience, narrow touringvtyres are fine on gravel having ridden over a Cairgorms pass once on my long departed Dawes Galaxy, just don't ride flat out like an XC god.
See you guys the morra, looking forward to this :)

Mr Panda":2r7an5zf said:
I'm going to leave this to you fellows, just not enough power in the leg yet for this trip...

You sure? I won't be moving very fast for one. :)

I'm in recovery mode.

There's no regret like missing a good ride.

And they're not weeds, it's your environmental meadow to help sustain the native wildlife - think of the kudos you'll get for that. :)

Back