Clubbytrails 2019 - Strade Be-Manky. Sun April 28th. 9.30

Re:

I am Brian’s on Saturday night so we can be on the road early.
Have been really busy this week so no new build and it will either be the Long Haul Trucker or the Jack Taylor.
Looking forward to it, even though not very ride fit lately.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":3m1r9tjq said:
Looking forward to it, even though not very ride fit lately.

Jamie

That should be the motto for the ride!

Only one with any chance is Jimo. This weekend should be a walk in the park compared with the 70 odd miles he did at the dirty rapist.

Home late again tonight as I had a few things I needed to catch up on after having the long weekend off last weekend and after just having finished dinner and walked the dug, I'm sitting here pondering do I take the Trucker in it's always ready, ride anything state or do I take the Jack Taylor, albeit, can I change the handlebars, brake levers and cables ready for tomorrows drive south to Brians? Will it be OK on the ride running 700 x 32 tyres on these tracks?, it goes everywhere I have asked so far. I did even contemplate rebuilding the old green Mercian as I know that handles brilliantly on dirt with the same wheels that are now on the Jack Taylor, a sort of getting the band back together one last time type ride before it gets painted and stays off the dirt and gravel for as long as I can :) .
Jack Taylor is suitable for a retro ride is it not?
It really depends on what the tracks/trails or paths are like really.
For the Trucker it doesn't matter as it will ride anything at a suitable pace, loaded or unloaded.
First world problems hey :)
What is everyone else riding?

Jamie

clubby":2m52g28o said:
What you riding Rob? Bike I mean ;)
I'm not riding anything at the moment but as for a bike I'll probably take the Litespeed as it's at the front of the pile.
If I had a shorter stem I'd take the Heckler as my arse is needing toughened up.

Keith! Steady tiger :shock:

Re:

Tempted to give this a go as fairly close to me, but fully aware that 40+ miles will be beyond me for now. Can you give an idea of the route and bail out options Clubby? I suspect 20 miles would be nearer my limit this weekend and even then any hills would be awkward.

Jamiedyer":25nm8c07 said:
Be good to have a ride with you mate, and catch up :)

Jamie

Riding's a bit of a challenge - more like hopping on a bicycle :D

If the weather's not totally shite all day tomorrow I may go for a spin and see how I get on. Not actually been on a bike since early January, or was it December??!!

Mr Panda":2wgql2lt said:
Tempted to give this a go as fairly close to me, but fully aware that 40+ miles will be beyond me for now. Can you give an idea of the route and bail out options Clubby? I suspect 20 miles would be nearer my limit this weekend and even then any hills would be awkward.

Carnoustie (ish) - Forfar - Glamis - Peterden - Monifieth - Carnoustie

Outward leg to Forfar is about 12 miles on mixed terrain. Can take back road back via Inverarity and Kirkbuddo.
Once onto Glamis leg you’re committing to 30 plus.

Have gpx if you pm your email address I can send it in the morning.

Back