Clubbytrails 2019 - Strade Be-Manky. Sun April 28th. 9.30

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So, to fit in with the current niche, this years Clubbytrails will be a “gravel” ride. What this actually means is anyone’s guess including mine!

Have been pouring over google maps, friends Strava and the local councils core path maps. Have a vague route in mind, involving a bit of everything from road, old railway lines and farm tracks. Pace will be very leisurely with a couple of cafe stops.

Planned around gravel/cross bike. Retro MTB will be fine as well, just more of a chore on the longer road sections. Touring bike would probably get round but may be out of its depth on some of the farm track.

Date wise I’m looking at a Sunday around end April or start May.

Anyone interested?

Re:

Count me in :)

Errrr.... Clubby, do you have a gravel/cross bike?

I think we can safely assume Rob has a selection of suitable bikes to use, it's the deciding which one to take that will be his problem :LOL:

Re: Clubbytrails 2019 - Strade Be-Manky

Sounds good and I am sure I will have one of my gravel randonneur projects ready to go by then, Brian has inspired me. Failing that the Mercian may get 650b wheels and a set of CX tyres. And the timing sounds good so the sooner you confirm the sooner I can put it in the calendar ;)
Look forward to seeing this develop

Jamie

Re: Re:

epicyclo":8oh7prhr said:

Oh god, this could get epic.

jimo746":8oh7prhr said:
Errrr.... Clubby, do you have a gravel/cross bike?

Mind you own beeswax :LOL:

Any date preference? Thinking 28th April, as it avoids any bank holidays.

Oh Rob, Keith’s already told us how much of a “go-er” you are.

Re:

28th it is then. Stick it in the diary, more details to follow/be worked out.

Back