Cliff Peters Cycle Shop, Aston. Any info out there on him?

Good evening. 2021 and lockdown enabled me to refurbish the Cliff Peters frame that Cliff, my father's cousin, supplied to me back in the late 1970s/early 1980s. I recall the frame was built by Barry Whitcomb of SE London. Fortunately I still had some of the original decals and Argos in Bristal did a fabulous spray job. On more Cliff Peters frame to renovate! This Cliff supplied to me in the early 1970s but I think it was an earlier build having Nervex lugs. I also in lockdown secured via the internet Cliff Peters shoe plates and sprint carriers! Best Brian Robertson
That is a lovely build! Fantastic mix of old and new ❤️

I just came across this site and found this thread. Cliff Peter's shop was on the corner of Gerrard St & Wilton St Lozells. When I was cycling to school around 1960, A car pulled out of a side street and knocked me off the bike. It also buckled the front wheel. The driver looked like an office bod in a suit who, after checking I was okay told me to get the wheel fixed and bring the receipt to the Crocodile Works in Alma St. I took the wheel to Cliff Peter's shop and told him the story. Cliff straightened my wheel, didn't charge me and gave me a receipt for 7/6 (37.5p) to take back. Trouble is, when I went to the factory I couldn't locate that driver. Here is a photo of that shop that was run by Cliff Peters. Cliff Peter's bicycle shop copy.jpg

Just rediscovered this thead after several years absence, apologies. Some great info and recollections being added, thank you all!
This is the last time I rode Walters bike, back in May 2018. (I did a few ten mile TT's with the local club on it that summer too) Walter died in June this year, a couple of years short of 100, but a good innings all the same. He was in pretty poor health at the end so he was definitely ready to clock off. I really need to recommission his Cliff Peters now though. Nothing major, but a few things are worn and need attention. Be great to get some transfers on it. I'd also like to add Walters name on the top tube, as a memorial to him.

Attachments

• 33729362_10157061228903132_5079873192114257920_n.jpg
    33729362_10157061228903132_5079873192114257920_n.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 6
Back