Claud Butler - Interesting Paint Job!

veganhaggis

Retro Newbie
Picked up this CB fixed gear in a job lot for £30. Hoping to identify the year/model but struggling to find a match for it in the catalogs. SN 17820. Can anyone offer any insight?

Plan to restore it with the help of a local community bike workshop, will post progress here!

PXL_20231014_095806101.jpg PXL_20231014_095858417.jpg PXL_20231014_100242101.jpg

I actually really like that as it is! Polish/oil/grease everything else and leave the frame as it is!

Hand painting the lugs, bb and fork crown were a thing from my early youth so that would be 60's

PXL_20231015_210617290.jpg Well, that one ended before it began. Thankfully it was cheap and I hadn't got far. If anyone wants the frame as an ornament and is willing to collect it from NE Scotland (or pay to have it shipped) otherwise it's off to the scrappy.

View attachment 787729Well, that one ended before it began. Thankfully it was cheap and I hadn't got far. If anyone wants the frame as an ornament and is willing to collect it from NE Scotland (or pay to have it shipped) otherwise it's off to the scrappy.
What’s happened to it? Can’t really see..

I don’t really want the frame as I already have something on my wall but those pedals look like m730 bear traps so Ill happily take those of you (to stop them getting scrapped) if you would ship.

What’s happened to it? Can’t really see..

I don’t really want the frame as I already have something on my wall but those pedals look like m730 bear traps so Ill happily take those of you (to stop them getting scrapped) if you would ship.

Crack between lug and downtube visible if you zoom in

Latest posts

Back