Clarkson gone and.......

Pretty much as above.
Although I'd read on Top Gears website that the waiting list was 18 years long, but people are picked at random so you might only wait a day!

Re:

He's a bloke. He sometimes said (and did) blokey things that sometimes we wish we could get away with (even though I'm not a bloke)

He stopped getting away with it.

He'll now make a fortune in after dinner speaking.

:cool:

Re:

I did think Chris Evans could have taken his place as he's a natural car nut but see he's ruled himself out. I think if Clarkson had left by normal means then he would have taken the job up but as it's because of all the hoo haa he isn't interested.

Something that hasn't been mentioned, if as suspected all three call it a day, any attemps at a remake will be seen as a poor copy and as such will probably last one series then fold. Why is that awkward? suddenly the whole production team and those who rely on top gear for employment, will be out of a job

Re:

Personally I thought the programme format passed its expiry date years ago...as bloated and as idiotic as JC became, the programme became banal, repetitive, formulaic and purile.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":3khawo9j said:
He's a bloke. He sometimes said (and did) blokey things that sometimes we wish we could get away with (even though I'm not a bloke)

He stopped getting away with it.

He'll now make a fortune in after dinner speaking.

:cool:

Is after dinner speaking not what got him into this mess?

As far as saying things 'we' wish we could get away with, no one prevents anyone saying most of the things he says. The problem is when you are acting from a position of privilege and you continue to ignore the implications of your position versus those you are using as the butt of your 'jokes'.

He is the very essence of vanilla, beige, middle of the road. The hypocrisy of it all is that he doesn't even hold most of the views he espouses according to his closest critics. Very much outrage to a deadline.

There are a lot of people who will tune in to see what a post Clarkson TG will offer.

Don't mistake Hammond and May's wishy washy intimations for something honourable like loyalty either.

They are waiting to see what their careers might look like if the show radically changes direction; the possibility they might not be able to make it a success. It surely must irk them that people like Chris Evans are being mooted as possible replacements, as though they could not step up..

Re:

Whatever happened behind the scenes, the bbc have blown it.

My company work with TG production (and associated production teams) and there are a lot of people who work direct alongside the programme who will be looking for a job.

It literally brought in millions for the bbc by association.

Clarkson is an arrogant bafoon, but eexceptionally funny at times.
Hammond suffers little man syndrome badly at times.
May is just a good egg that carries the other 2 more than is shown.
The 3 of them make TG what it is, it wont work with other people unfortunately.

Oh and being an audience member is not all that, its cold in there, and gets boring.

Re: Re:

unit3":3u4g3eqh said:
My company work with TG production (and associated production teams) and there are a lot of people who work direct alongside the programme who will be looking for a job.

Will the outside events stop?

Back