Cinetica Giotto

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
I’m starting the build thread in the hope this will get me to start the restoration.

A lovely, very rare and totally original Cinetica Giotto. My dad bought this new back in the day, he saw it in a bike shop window, walked in and bought it. It’s not done much miles, less than 200, and has lived indoors, unridden for the last 25 years at least,

I plan to rebuild and restore it, but not make any changes (apart from tyres) and make it shiny and new again. It’s got full Campagnolo C-Record with Delta brakes.

I’ve always loved this bike, it’s stunning.
More to follow, IMG_6701.jpeg IMG_6702.jpeg IMG_6703.jpeg IMG_6704.jpeg IMG_6705.jpeg IMG_6706.jpeg IMG_6707.jpeg IMG_6708.jpeg IMG_6709.jpeg IMG_6710.jpeg

That is a rare thing of beauty. 1988-1990? Can see how modern 1 piece aero handlebars evolved from this 30+yo example.

That is a bit special!

Is that stem length adjustable and locked with that knob on the side of the stem?
The stem length isn’t adjustable but I think I’m the bars width is adjustable, you can make it wider.
The nob is plastic and for a computer so it’s in a more aerodynamic position than on the bars. I think that’s the thinking anyway.

The stem length isn’t adjustable but I think I’m the bars width is adjustable, you can make it wider.
The nob is plastic and for a computer so it’s in a more aerodynamic position than on the bars. I think that’s the thinking anyway.
I did wonder as that knob is just smooth. Good luck with the resto. It is definitely worth doing it.

Wowa!

I have a thing for seat-tubeless designs.
I don't believe I've ever seen this bike before. If I have I forgot about it.

Reminds me a bit of the Bianchi C4...
I'm sure there was another seat-tubeless vintage carbon bike too...🤔 (not Kestrel, another one)

Took a while for my brain to process the lack of a seat-tube! Very interesting. Out of interest, what does it weigh?

Fantastic machine, I've never seen that bar before either. As it is pretty complete it shouldn't be too much trouble to restore - just a through dissembly and clean and some new cables?

😍😍😍

Tomianson Please do let me know if you decide to sell. I have been looking for a Cinetica for ages!!! Ideally in size 56 or 57 so I can at least ride it but any will do!​

Back