Mint Sauce Bike - In Miniature

flipping heck! thats some effort for the chainring!! kudos for the patience!

good luck with the rest for the build! both model and IRL

I like your ambition BUT can't help thinking the crankset looks just about the easiest thing on the Mint bike to make.
Good luck with those Onza brakes...

Good luck with Mint’s legs :LOL:

I’m a master pattern maker by trade.. erm, craft.. crafty-trade... so I’m carving things out of wood, and making moulds on the daily, if you need any advice regarding moulding methods give me a hola, i’ll be happy to help... much easier printed as novo suggests, especially if you haven’t got a vacuum chamber to remove the air trapped around the tread pattern.

edit- if need be.. you can always make a vac chamber using a compressor and a tupaware tub.
I was thinking of using spokes! I reckon using them means I can swap them out easily as I want a few different poses.

Thanks so much for the offer of advice about pattern making. I don’t have a vacuum chamber but have been thinking about how to do it at home.

I’ll definitely drop you a message if that’s ok about making a pattern or possibly try the 3D printing @novocaine suggested.

I like your ambition BUT can't help thinking the crankset looks just about the easiest thing on the Mint bike to make.
Good luck with those Onza brakes...
yep @stevet1 your right, it was pretty straighforward. Just took some time to get the shape of the chain rings. I've made a jig to cut the brakes out and have filed down some aluminium bar but need to modify the jig to get the holes straight.
IMG_6144.jpg

flipping heck! thats some effort for the chainring!! kudos for the patience!

good luck with the rest for the build! both model and IRL
Thanks so much @mattpayne! There's some challenges ahead for sure, attempted machining a test piece for the shallow channels in the Pace tubes...that will be fun!

Latest posts

Back