cinelli sentiero 88 columbus

Did you sell the pink one on eBay about a year ago? Might be the one that started this thread off. That was big and faded.

No, I sold it in Vienna. And I think its still there.
This summer I saw a girl on my bike, I guess.

First thing I did was replace the stem but I have the original one somewhere. This summer I'm going to get the bike out the loft. It's not faded I'm sure of it. I think I just replaced the stem and pedals and the tyres that's all. I need two new tyres for the bike to be honest.

So these have some value to them I might be interested in selling it as I don't use it and I have my scot USA bike now.

Columbo":1x7nj2mi said:
I also had one of those pink Sentieros. And a blue Sentiero with little Animals painted on. I sold both. The pink one was too big and the colour was bleached. I really really regret selling the blue one.

A good companion for 25 years...

Attachments

• sentiero.jpg
    sentiero.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 827
Re:

Very interesting thread jaypee and a lovely bike. I have never seen a Sentiero in anything other than Fluro multi colour.

My Rampichino which I suspect is of similar vintage has a conventional rear seat stay fabricated canti stop in lieu of a U brake, but it does have the pump pip on the headtube which I've not seen on any other Rampichino. It is like your Sentiero, Columbus Tre Tubi Chromor but is lugged. It came with most of a Deore MT 60 group, (but with later MC 36 STX brifters), and one original FIR / MT 60 rear wheel with 6 speed uniglide sprockets , the front being a modern mavic. It is also missing the original Cinelli Bars, Stem and Saddle. Seat post is 26.4, fluted Kalloy with a Kalloy 8 x 50mm chrome binder qr which I believe to be original. Seat stay / binder configuration looks different to the Sentiero.
A frame sticker identifies the supplying dealer as Cycle Kingdom of Fleet, Hampshire, (that south coast connection again).

I'd like to do a build thread on it; I'm still looking for the SL-MT60 6 speed shifters to keep my options open but I also have a really nice M730 Group including a crank with bronze anodised Biopace Rings which would really suit with the drab military green frame colour, and a matching pair of FIR MS29D Rim on XT730 hubs again with 6 speed uniglide sprockets. Threads are Italian, 70mm shell width and I can't find a 122.5mm cup and cone bb but I do have a UN 55 in the correct length so may have to cheat a bit there. I have various ITM / 3ttt bar / stem combos to try and a nice old suede Unicantor that I've been keeping for when I managed to track down a frame.

Its too dark and wet to photograph tonight I'm afraid.

Re:

Thanks for your comments John, yes would be good to see some pics /build thread.

I haven't forgotten the shifters. They weren't where I thought they were so I think they must be in the loft. Will check, probably tonight.

Back