Cinelli Columbus Max

Put anything you want on there - it's a fake Cinelli. The decals aren't even a close approximation, and the paint is rattle-can level. What's with all these frauds on here?
When I bought it I don't think the seller knew exactly he had, it's a prototype frame from the early eighties by Cinelli, luckily I picked it up cheaply.. I'm really pleased with it, ride's so much better than the modern stuff 👍

My Cinelli has nine speed Campagnolo with brake lever shifting, works really well but would like to change for indexed down tube levers, are they available for this?

View attachment 673660
I have been looking for 9 speed downtube shifters for some time but never found them, nor bar end shifters.

Apparently they were made as Record and Veloce but probably not sold in great numbers. Why do you want to switch?

The paint finish on some of the frames brought into the UK from Italy in the early 1980s was pretty dire - and so was the quality of build. I well remember the first aero-tubed Olmo we received - the tubes were tear-drop section but fitted point forwards and as for the paint, I could (and have) done better with two coats from a Holts spray can from the same era.

The paint finish on some of the frames brought into the UK from Italy in the early 1980s was pretty dire - and so was the quality of build. I well remember the first aero-tubed Olmo we received - the tubes were tear-drop section but fitted point forwards and as for the paint, I could (and have) done better with two coats from a Holts spray can from the same era.
I don't know where this rattle can thing has come from as the paint is absolutely superb, really tough probably stove enameled, the transaction from yellow to black should be hidden by decals.

IMG_20220519_183141_HDR.jpg

I have been looking for 9 speed downtube shifters for some time but never found them, nor bar end shifters.

Apparently they were made as Record and Veloce but probably not sold in great numbers. Why do you want to switch?
It's got a Veloce rear mech but I have a 9 speed Record, I'm wondering if 10 speed Dura Ace DT shifter's would work?

IMG_20220519_183156_HDR.jpg

Back