Cinelli Columbus Max

Here it is, with Dura Ace 7400. I'm not saying it looks better than campy, but this is just about personal preference...

I was saving this Due saddle for it, but definitelly not my shape and had to go back to the flite. I could fit a 13-34 cassette with a rear mech hanger extension. So far, works fine. About the wheelset, these are soo light... that I believe it will take me a while to get them replaced ;)

Attachments

• cinelli columbus max dura ace.jpg
    cinelli columbus max dura ace.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 452
nice bike!
DA7400 is one of the coolest looking groupsets of all time (that unmistakable late 80s/early 90s japanese sci-fi design), and still works just as good as modern groups, so i say it's a nice upgrade ;)

I always find it annoying when someone always pipes and and says it should be campag (or worse it MUST be campag) the early dura ace stuff suits these bikes equally well.

This is the reason I need to make room at home and selling all my other bikes....

I' m really sorry for the campy lovers, but this will go with my almost nos DA7400 I've been collecting for many many months looking for this occasion.

I could not find though any reference to this model . Has anyone seen a Cinelli with Columbus Max not being the pista Laser ?
I know this is a late reply, but you are either in denial, or you are being deceitful. That is not a Cinelli - not even close. It's not a prototype, as you claim. It was definitely not built by Andrea Pesenti. If you are not aware of this, and I can't see how anyone could not be aware, then the guy who sold it to you lied. It's not even a particularly good frame - that is readily apparent. Take those Cinelli decals off; every day you ride with those decals on, you are being a fraud.

My Cinelli has nine speed Campagnolo with brake lever shifting, works really well but would like to change for indexed down tube levers, are they available for this?

Screenshot_20220427-112204~2.png

Thanks for the comments! Definitelly quitting classic bikes hobby, so this one will have to go for sale as well ;(
Probably too late, but hopefully you didn't sell that junk as a "Cinelli", since it definitely is NOT a Cinelli and you'd be committing fraud if you sold it as such.

I know this is a late reply, but you are either in denial, or you are being deceitful. That is not a Cinelli - not even close. It's not a prototype, as you claim. It was definitely not built by Andrea Pesenti. If you are not aware of this, and I can't see how anyone could not be aware, then the guy who sold it to you lied. It's not even a particularly good frame - that is readily apparent. Take those Cinelli decals off; every day you ride with those decals on, you are being a fraud.
If you say that the bike is a fake what does a real one look like, can you post some pictures please 👍

My Cinelli has nine speed Campagnolo with brake lever shifting, works really well but would like to change for indexed down tube levers, are they available for this?

View attachment 673660
Put anything you want on there - it's a fake Cinelli. The decals aren't even a close approximation, and the paint is rattle-can level. What's with all these frauds on here?

Back