Chinese seatposts

jimo746":h90kag65 said:
Personally I'd take a punt at that price.
Lets face it, plenty of us on here reguarly ride ancient aluminium and carbon frames and components that are probably well past their Use By date... 25 year old alloy handlebars anyone? ;)
This is probably less likely to fail than many retro-components.

Yes, similar to my line of thinking.

In the end bottled it and went for a 1/2 price Easton EA50 from Wiggle. Mostly because I wanted something asap, partially because it was cheaper, partially because it's to go on the winter bike which will be sh*tted up in no time and slightly due to that nagging doubt...

I have been eyeing those same posts in ebay for a while too, not yet pulled the trigger. But I did on a similar handlebar for 18 squids. Smooth transaction, it arrived within 2 weeks and is of a good standard of workmanship. And FWIW I used to be employed in high end composites. On the trail it is yet to prove itself. And I share the views on old aluminium handlebars, the only catastrophic failure I have personally experienced. It hurt.YMMV.

I went with the plain carbon looks, but this seller and others have lot's of branded items on sale as well.
What is up with that practise, to me they are quite obvious copies, is there no "duty of care" on e-bay?

Enjoy!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1PCS-Cycling- ... 2a32772071
$(KGrHqV,!lMFCRfGQMjYBQ1YnvgVdw~~60_12.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
^^^ by strange coincidence, I have a set of those bars that I fitted just this evening.

going back to snapping posts., I have USE post snap on me, and this is a top of the range post, likewise with a Control Tech whcih had internal rib and was guaranteed unsnappable so you can image I was a bit possed off - bloody expensive too and the stumnp was a right git get out of the fame.

Back