Cheapest place for brake disk pads

i ran superstar ones all last year,riding dalby,stainburn,wharncliffe loadsa times aswell as local routes without fail in all gloop and dust.aint checked since last spring cos they still worked.

try um,its also a local company to me which is always worth supporting.ive had expensive pads before and theyre no better tbh,wear the same and same grip,but thats my opinion. :D

superstar pads are pretty good value for money they are rebranded at factory level clarks pads ie neil from superstar gets his from the same factory as clarks but if you have the cash to splash and you want all out performace over expence then ebc pads :cool:

Cheapest is not always best. I have M4's on my hot-roded Marin, use Hope sintered and cannot fault them. Buy from where-ever is the cheapest at the time I need them.

Jay":20pktcc3 said:
Sithlord":20pktcc3 said:
When I was running discs, I found that the best longest lasting and best for stopping were EBC, ok I hear you say 'expensive' but worth ever penny,,

I tried the superstar ones prior to these and they did not last more than half a dozen rides, may have been a dodgy set , but it was money thrown away..

brakes are a very important part of the bike, and your safety, dont compromise.. ;)

couldnt agree more fella, i have no problem paying good money for worth while parts just hate being ripped off with the usual mtb tax

No point keep forkin out ca on pads that wont last i want a pad that will be a fit n foget for atleast a season

I agree 'buy cheap buy twice'!

First things first it must be sintered pads, fibre one don't last very long at all in the uk climate. One winter i destroyed a set on one 60mile ride!!

I have tried many including superstar and all last a very short time and involve using a file to get them to fit nice!

I have now been using FIBRAX for the past 10 months and i purchased 3 sets on the bay for about £20ish and i'm still on the first set! they have done about 400 miles so far i am very very impressed with them. And they smell lovely when you get 'em nice and hot!

Sithlord":3f2slpic said:
... I tried the superstar ones prior to these and they did not last more than half a dozen rides, may have been a dodgy set , but it was money thrown away..

From what I have heard Superstar brake pads appear to have more dodgy batches than any other brand, maybe not a coincidence?

I found sintered pads (Shimanos) to be utter s**t. Not sure it was a contaminated batch but did everything I could to make them work with no joy, ended up binning them for EBC resins which stop a treat.

Back