Issues with GRX brakes - anyone moved to RX4+ calipers ?

I got the piston seals replaced by Hope after contacting them directly, annoyingly they didn't replace any of the three sets of pads that were ruined. I suspected another leak but that may have just been that I torched the pads rather than replacing them with new ones again.. so it's been sat in my garage unused for the last few months as I got fed up with the whole thing, been riding my other bikes instead. I'll revisit the project at some point soon as it's my bad weather road bike and we're getting into the rainy months.

That's not the good review I was hoping for. Eeesh. I'd do the same and ignore it if I had another bike, but that's where I'm at with the rivals

If I was you I'd purchase them from a shop and let them fit them for you, they can deal with the fallout if there's any issues. I might stick a new set of pads in this weekend to see if there's still a problem.

Luckily, I have an amazing LBS who treat me great (been a customer 30 years). So I am doing just that.

It's worth noting that the pads are much bigger than the Shimano flat mount standard and I presume the Sram Rivals. You may run into issues if you're planning to run the same rotors
20220916_233217.jpg

Mine are still going strong after the initial hiccup.

When I ride other drop bar bikes it takes a while to get used to their crap brakes in comparison so the Hopes must be doing something right

Latest posts

Back