Chas Roberts Genesis Ptwos

Re:

Got a reply :)

Fair play to the seller, he's pulling the auction for now to allow for some closer frame inspection.

The picture does seem to suggest the worst but we shall see...

A local frame builder tells me that this could be an overheated headtube and with no re-enforcing rings and silly lightweight road tubing it was always destined to fail...

Re:

Now re-listed. Looks very cracked to me.
The crack even seems to follow the line of brazing.
I'd agree with LGF's friends diagnosis on this one

Re:

Where is the frame with the silly light road tubing....?

Are there two frames ..?

legrandefromage":328danyg said:

I didn't see that on the Columbus decal, I thought it said....MTB.

you were saying....

Re:

Please Note: Re-Listed 2nd February 2016
I have re-listed this frame having received a query concerning Photograph 4. Having now closely examined the area around the head tube joint, I can confirm that there are no structural flaws with either the tubing or brazing, and that only the paintwork is scratched.

Thats a crack, even without a framebuilder on hand, thats a crack or my names not Mary Berry.

legrandefromage":gmab027f said:
A local frame builder tells me that this could be an overheated headtube and with no re-enforcing rings and silly lightweight road tubing it was always destined to fail...

people may be able to educate me here - does this not look like a deep scratch? agreed it follows the brazing but does the mark not continue up the headtube?

Also theres plenty of other CR bikes on here...why the destined to fail statement? lightweight yes but ive not seen many cracked :?

Back