Champix and smoking

im still coughing up stuff and i gave up ageeees ago . just think , each bit you cough up the better your lungs will work

i did have a couple of cigars ( now that could get addictive :LOL: ) and a few cigs at ssuk09 but havnt felt like it since

Words of encouragement offered in support :D

-------
I was on prozac for a while ,didnt give up the cigs,but i noticed a marked decrease in how many i was smoking,it seemed to take away the need cravings you get, in the morning especially,or if i was sitting about ,i didnt feel the need so much.
I think if i'd used the patches at the same time then its likely i'd have kicked it.

8 months or so now and never a thought of smoking again....can't say I feel terrifically better for quiting, but I do smell nicer.

Impressive, glad you had no adverse effects from the Champix, reading some of the stories on the web really put off them. I am going to try hypnotherapy in the new year as it has worked for two friends who were much heavier smokers than me.
At the moment there is too much crap in my life for me to add giving up smoking to it. I get through 50g of tobacco in just over a week so not especially heavy.

Carl.

I gave up 3/4 years ago.

Get rid of all your lighters, ash trays etc, you won't be needing those and join up with a group like quitnet. They send you daily, weekly, monthly emails to tell you how many you've not smoked, how much money you've saved and how much you've extended your life by. Really encouraging stuff.

Day by day until you reach a couple of weeks, then it's easy.

I used that Zyban stuff, worked for me.

Thanks chaps....didn't post this for some gratuitous back slapping, but if I can do it (weak, no self discipline)you can.
Good luck if you are planning to give up soon....champix worked for me...patches worked for the Mrs

I gave up about 15 years ago but I'm still like a Bisto kid when I smell fag smoke. That stuff is horribly addictive, well done HB and Mrs.

Back