Champix and smoking

I love fizzy pop, Diet coke, Diet Cherry coke, Diet Citrus coke, and Tesco diet orange. If im not drinking them then its usually a Carlsberg :D

Yipee....7 smoke free days!
Can't say it was particularly hard either....early days but I now consider myself a non-smoker...filthy habit! :D

Harryburgundy":2brlq66n said:
Can't say it was particularly hard either....early days but I now consider myself a non-smoker...filthy habit! :D

hard work starts now .

the 3 weeks and 3 months were the hardest for me , but well done for your first week .

Harryburgundy":2s6mktgw said:

Congrats and keep up the will power :cool:

Never been a smoker, so don't know what the Alan Carr book is. I suspect though, if it's the same Alan Carr that works with Justin Lee Collins, he started smoking something else? (Wensleydale-whistle-Related)... :shock:

i'm giving it a good go at the moment.. first cut-out the "walk-from-car-park-to-work" ciggy for a week, then i felt totally terrible after an all-nighter 2 weeks ago so just stopped. i've succumbed a few times in the pub but i've not smoked at work for 2 full weeks now!

got to try getting through tonight - pub with some old mates who smoke lots... luckily the mrs is with me so she'll be there to aid my will-power with a well-placed "i thought you said you were really trying tonight!" if i stray.

hope it goes well for you mate!

ps, i get the lung-butter coming up too, need a spitoon some days... oh well, mum said i should always eat my greens...... (sorry :oops: )

Chantix is one of those FDA approved drugs which can be used to get over smoking habit. It works on body by giving you the same feel good effect like smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. This medicine should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a physician as there are various side effects which may vary from person to person and it includes change of taste, sleeplessness and many more. I have smoked for more than 10 yrs, but now I am spending a smoke free life from last 2 months. Thanks to chantix. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit.

jbotha":2oi4320l said:
Chantix is one of those FDA approved drugs which can be used to get over smoking habit. It works on body by giving you the same feel good effect like smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. This medicine should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a physician as there are various side effects which may vary from person to person and it includes change of taste, sleeplessness and many more. I have smoked for more than 10 yrs, but now I am spending a smoke free life from last 2 months. Thanks to chantix. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit.

Excellent...congratulations. The only side effect I seem to be experiencing is more vivd dreams :D

Well done HB ;) I've never smoked but my wife gave up about 4 years ago and started running at the same time :shock:

She went from 40 a day to nothing overnight and coughed up some disgusting stuff in the first few months :shock:

We now race most weekends and she's doing under 1hr 30 half marathons ;) and her best in a marathon is 3hr.01min.20sec. bloody show off :LOL:

It will make a huge difference to your fitness and for that reason alone its got to be worth the effort ;)

Back