Chains....

What are the quality 8 speed chain options? My son is going through PC830 chains in under 600 miles and that’s road riding! He does oil them and keep them reasonably clean.
PC830 is the only one in the range without hardening, therefore it's worth buying the 850. Above that they are all the same functionally, although the pricier ones look nicer.

There are so many counterfeit chains around that I only buy through decent retailers now.

I use a 9 speed, but same principle (PC951, used to 11 quid, gone up to 15 at the moment) tried a KMC on the winter bike, currently regretting it.
Ohh, was just about to press the button on a fancy KMC slotted 9-speed job -- can you elaborate on your reasons for regret?

What are the quality 8 speed chain options? My son is going through PC830 chains in under 600 miles and that’s road riding! He does oil them and keep them reasonably clean.
I’ve started using Campag C9 9 speed chains which are excellent. Shifting seems to have improved over the previous KMC 8 spd on an M950 cassette and they’re apparently really strong and long lasting. Can be had for around £20 if you shop around

Back