Chainring diameter gauge tool ???

Fatmat

Alpinestars Fan
Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get a chainring diameter gauge? I’ve only just find out that park tool did (still do!) make/supply these but I can’t seem to find one in stock!

Clever toolmaking by Park tool. I never knew there was such a thing. Probably because a caliper or a tape measure does the same thing and I always have those lying around

1666039659612.png

Thanks for you’re feedback guys, I’ve attached a pic, its easy with a 4 bolt but it’s guess work with a 5, how do tell that it’s not 138 or 140? I could print out some circles to help follow the line but it’s still slightly guess work, there must be a better way, ie the tool

Attachments

• 9E8444CC-FD98-4DEE-93B0-25F4440D4CE7.jpeg
    9E8444CC-FD98-4DEE-93B0-25F4440D4CE7.jpeg
    555.6 KB · Views: 5
I appreciate it’s a branded crank so I could google it but I have this issue all the time with obscure chainrings / cranks

Just measure between the holes and calculate or use Sheldon to get the bcd. Or print out the sheets from Sheldon (I hadn't seen them before, I think they're fairly new)

Yes, that’s fair enough, I can use the formula to calculate, looked a bit complex, maths never my strong point, am just being lazy! Thanks for your help 👍 appreciated

Latest posts

Back