Chain Ring Replacement

Dazz1

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

What would be a suitable replacement for my large chainring please. It’s a 3 x 9 setup. Sorry, I have no idea. I also apologise for the ugly toes 😁 IMG_0794.jpeg

You can probably get a replacement from the current brand - FSA.

But there are a number of brands and places to buy from.

It's a 44 tooth chainring, 104 BCD (bolt circle diameter).

Should be widely available.

Try Spa Cycles or SJS cycles (both online shops), or ebay, or of course, your local bike shop.

I notice some places list their chainrings as 9, 10 or 12 speed. Does it not make a difference?

I thought a few of the teeth looked a bit sus. That’s just going off what I’ve seen on YouTube. Do you think see looks ok? I just don’t want to prematurely wear the chain etc
I may be wrong but I think some of the teeth are shorter to aid shifting up to/down from the big chainring. If that's what you were thinking was wrong? Usually very worn teeth are sharp/spiky or hooked, those look still quite rounded.

Have you been having any problems when using the chainring?

The info you need is the "104mm BCD", and it's a 4 bolt chainring.

Last edited:
Ignore YouTube

Right on.....the internet home of every answer to every question.....

Sadly only 10% are the correct answers.....the fun if working out which is which......it was called experience I believe, now apparently that's not needed.

But hey, it keeps me employed fixing things that people have "fixed" via internet tutorials 🤣

Back